Author Topic: [DONE] Making more UFO sizes attack your base  (Read 11121 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Making more UFO sizes attack your base
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 10:06:28 pm »
I didn't say anything about implementing a feature that decreases number of aliens.

I don't know how else to read this:

This would be useful both for making unique craft weapons with effects other than damage as well as determining things like how many aliens get through when your defenses fail to shoot down the alien ship.

But I'll stop now, I have nothing more to say.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »
I don't know how else to read this:

But I'll stop now, I have nothing more to say.
I get what you're saying, but you're cherry-picking my words. I'm not trying to be argumentative but I think this is an important point. I did talk about reducing aliens. That was just one tiny part of my tirade, and it isn't representative of the general idea I was trying to get across. It's entirely reasonable if you felt that I was attempting to make the game easier and I'll tell you it wasn't my intention to convey that, but the more important point is that I can play an easier game if I want to, and you have no good excuse to object to my questions on the basis of how I like to play the game. It's good if you choose to disagree and play your way, fine if you think you're a better player, but I felt like my post was under attack when you said:
The missions are easy enough already.
Don't think any developer will agree to implement something to make the base defense even easier.

If I am asking for a feature that can allow me as a modder to make my game easier, does that really make my request any less valid?

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 08:02:16 pm »
Geez Meridian when did you become such a blatant dick about everything?

You used to be so kind to people. Now, you just shit on everything. Like thread after thread after thread of shitting all over people for no reason. I see you constantly implying that there is only one way to play a game while you actively work very hard to expand features for that WERE NOT IN THE ORIGINAL GAME! WTF cognitive dissonance! It seems that anything deviating from what you think is ideal is worth sniping at the poster about in the most asinine shit hearted way. Why?

Reaver had an early base defense and ate it hard.... it happens. Maybe he is wanting to have more than one option as far as how Alien Retaliation missions work? Nitpicking phrasing to be "right" makes you look like a jackass. You are NOT a jackass, why are you acting like one?

Maybe you have some personal shit going on in your life, but seriously You are NOT acting like the neat LPer and modder I brocrushed on.

The fuck dude?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 10:13:17 pm »
Yeah, makes me really sad to read this.
(And I was NOT nitpicking, he said it clearly and several times.)

But as you may have noticed, in the last few days, my activity on the forum has decreased significantly; and I have completely abandoned discord forum too.

Comments, where I "allow myself" to disagree with someone have caused shitstorms a lot more recently than before (and I have disagreed with people since I can remember). So, in the interest of the community, I will shut up completely and not say anything with even a slightest hint of disagreement, ever again; and will use my newly gained time constructively instead, to continue developing OXCE+. Too bad I won't be able to get that valuable feedback as before from all the discussions, where people disagreed with each other. Good times, past times.

Cheers,
Meridian

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 08:46:43 am »
Hey I like the heated discussion, just as long as everybody's heated comment is accepted by everyone else! Agree to disagree? Doesn't mean you can't tell 'em how much of an idiot they are for thinking differently! :D

To be honest, I just want base defense missions to be more scalable. How easy or hard they are is something I can easily balance later once I have that scalability. As it stands there's little I can change, and that's what bothers me. If all I wanted was to make it easier or harder, I need only edit the attributes of the battleship, the defense facilities, or the base defense deployment.

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 09:11:48 am »
Meridian,

bad phrasing on my part.

Disagreement is fine and actually intellectually healthy. You've disagreed with me publicly more than once and were polite about your thoughts, a perfect gentleman and a total bro. It is not even the words themselves but the tone here recently so very angry, dismissive, trite, and impatient.

I'm actually a little concerned. You, through your labors have brought so much joy into something I thought I was alone in enjoying in xcom. Over literally years I have come to know your writing and natural tone and inflection, not you as a person but how you express yourself in our special corner of the world. As stated ive noticed a changed recently that hurts the soul because of what you as Meridian represent in my eyes as a community leader.

I AM NOT a model internet citizen and won't pretend to be and if my post came across as a correction, please know it is not. I'm not your daddy and it ain't my place. I will give you feedback and accept in and all vitriol in honest discourse because unlike you...I am a jackass...professional top tier. The silencing of your voice is unacceptable to me and I don't want that and in all reality your opinion is an actually expert opinion and the community does matter.

however, you don't owe us shit. we are not entitled to make you crazy and to drive you into some self imposed exile over "disagreement".

In short; fuck the haters, but please don't be a dick.

I am going to break protocol and say my name is Alex and I'm here to be whatever you need because I believe you are the community and deserve to feel whole and accepted within it.

,only the best

-HH