Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS Release (v.1.08)  (Read 48375 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
[TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS Release (v.1.08)
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:00:25 pm »
World of (terrifying) silence.

Goal: You ever wondered, where authors of TFTD took all these fancy supersonic submarines and underwater tanks? Yes, this is future (2040 year, if you forget) but not very far future. I mean, only 24 years left. And we have no such technology, as we dont has it 24 years before. Are we? Well, i tried to explain this a bit. And yes, game became slightly harder.

New content::  23+ new items, 4 new crafts, 6 new armors, 14 new enemys, new HWP's, new LORe-friendly missions (no spoilers), some ammunition and many ufopedia topics.

Almost all items now are useful, including alien techs like cloning or cryogenics.

Included "Extended facilities" by Blank. Included "Moray" by tyran_nick. Included "Carharodons" by Xops.
Swapped small and very small USO maps, you dont need to use external mod.

Available languages: US english and Russian.

Download and install:: Link: Version 1.08 MediaFire 
You need openxcom nightly version 2016_11_27_1647 or later, if you want full compatibility. But not necessary.

Migration to OXCE+ is in plans.

This mod is completed and i dont planning to add something more. But if you give good idea - why not?
I want to redraw some usopedia pics when i got free time... IF i got free time.
Recommended options: Ufo Extender Accuracy - true.
Which help is needed: This mod really need spellcheck. If anyone want to correct english texts - i will appreciate it.
And as with any mod, please report about bugs.

Thanks: to openxcom authors for brilliant game; to Solarius Scorch for priceless help; to new_civilian and other modders,from whom I borrowed something. And to Giperborea for help in decisions.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Version 1.08:
 - Fixed bioflare manufacturing;
 - Fixed patrol uso;
 - Small fixes.

Version 1.07:
 - Fixed carcharodon research;
 - Fixed guided torpedo manufacturing;
 - Fixed russian translation.

Version 1.06:
 - Fixed carcharodon spawning;
 - Fixed some ufopedia articles.

Version 1.05
 - changed (fixed) manufacture requirements;
 - added ufopedia pics for fighter\patrol USO and mutations;
 - slightly changed battlescape interface buttons size (not visible, only pressable);
 - fixed T'leth research;
 - fixed URBANISLE map crash;
 - added XOps's Carharodons;
 - small nerf of ion armor.

Version 1.04
 - fixed church temple spawning and deployement;
 - fixed alien reanimation research;
 - added missing strings;
 - minor fixes.

Version 1.03
 - fixed live alien recovery (third try, including naga, polyph and freak);
 - fixed broken ufopedia articles: sonic tech, alien cruise;
 - slightly nerfed gas cannon ap ammo and buffed supercavity harpoons;
 - fixed zrbite ammo research.

Version 1.02:
 - Fixed crash with tasoth soldier/squad leader research.
 - REALLY fixed issue with corpses recovery. :) (including cultists)
 - Fixed melee hit animations.
 - Added missing text about mutant interrogation.
 - Fixed bug with dartgun stun clip.

Version 1.01:
 - Fixed bugs with items recover, including mutant corpses not spawning in geoscape. (and occasionally other items)
 - Added two introduction articles in ufopedia, explaining why we are here and where is flying plasmathrowing supertanks.
 - Fixed bug with paladin armor recycling.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:44:34 am by Nord »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS Release (v.1.0)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:11:18 pm »
I will not use OXCE or OXCE+, because i need my mod working on android.

I will just add that not using OXCE/OXCE+ specific features doesn't mean players can't use OXCE/OXCE+ to play this mod if they want to.
If it works in vanilla, it will work in OXCE/OXCE+ too.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:21:32 pm »
Yes, i write it for that people, who will ask "why do you not use OXCE?" :)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 12:39:30 am »
World of (terrifying) silence.

Goal: You ever wondered, where authors of TFTD took all these fancy supersonic submarines and underwater tanks? Yes, this is future (2040 year, if you forget) but not very far future. I mean, only 24 years left. And we have no such technology, as we dont has it 24 years before. Are we?
The lore explains it as the X-Com universe existing in an alternate timeline in which aliens are visiting Earth a lot more often. In the wake of the first war, the public knows we were visited and attacked by aliens. While many of the artifacts are held in secret for government research, many new technologies are inspired by alien technology and released to the civilian world. By TFTD timeframe, alien alloy technology has become a staple of high-durability construction around the world. Aircraft are lighter, engines are lighter and more powerful, so even conventional craft can do things engineers once thought impossible.

The high amount of development of amphibious technology may have been a joint effort between secret government agencies both preparing for rising oceans and perhaps having some knowledge about an alien civilization hiding in the depths.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:00:24 am »
Yes, and once again, did you not played it? I think no.

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 12:26:50 am »
The lore explains it as the X-Com universe existing in an alternate timeline in which aliens are visiting Earth a lot more often. In the wake of the first war, the public knows we were visited and attacked by aliens. While many of the artifacts are held in secret for government research, many new technologies are inspired by alien technology and released to the civilian world. By TFTD timeframe, alien alloy technology has become a staple of high-durability construction around the world. Aircraft are lighter, engines are lighter and more powerful, so even conventional craft can do things engineers once thought impossible.

The high amount of development of amphibious technology may have been a joint effort between secret government agencies both preparing for rising oceans and perhaps having some knowledge about an alien civilization hiding in the depths.

Heh, that's the one thing that always bothered me about TFTD.  If, canonically, it picks up some years after the first one, we should have far superior weapons to what we start with in TFTD.  Now, I'm not saying we need to start with Sonic Cannon levels of damage, but the lore behind the tech should be different.  The weapon's stats could stay exactly the same for all I care, I just find it hard to believe that we would start out with simple harpoons and diving suits when Alien Alloy and Elerium are a thing.

They did the same thing in the new Firaxis XCOM games too.  Even IF XCOM 2 is a rag-tag group, they should STILL have access to better tech than what they start out with.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 02:08:22 am »
I just find it hard to believe that we would start out with simple harpoons and diving suits when Alien Alloy and Elerium are a thing.

It has been a while since i last touched that game but as far as i know this is explained ingame (or in game manual).
Both of those exo-materials love to react with (salty) water.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 06:01:42 am »
It has been a while since i last touched that game but as far as i know this is explained ingame (or in game manual).
Both of those exo-materials love to react with (salty) water.

Actually, it's because we ran out of Elerium, so can't use the alien tech from the first alien war (UFO). From the wiki:
Although interception of the smaller alien subs is a relatively easy matter thanks to the Barracuda
intercept sub, early X-COM tactical missions meet with less than successful results. Most of the
weapons used in the First Alien War are useless without a supply of Elerium-115 to
power them, and weapons based on Earth technology, such as the Laser Rifle, prove
to have no effect against the new aliens or cannot be adapted for underwater use. Aquanauts are
forced to rely on primitive spear and harpoon gun, torpedo launchers, and a small array of
explosive devices, until they are able to research the technology used by the new wave of alien
invaders.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 12:46:56 pm »
Yes, and you will encounter links to this events in mod. Like this:

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 06:11:53 am »
I'm getting a crash after selecting a difficulty. The error is Armor STR_NONE_UC not found.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 07:03:15 am »
NebulaM78, do you have other TFTD mods installed? It will conflict with any armor mod.
If you want to launch game anyway, you can remove string '  - delete: STR_NONE_UC' from 'armors.rul' file in ruleset folder. It will not breack the game, just spawn 'None' armor.
And if you use other mod, you can say me what it is, so i can make my mod compatible with it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:06:36 am by Nord »

Offline NebulaM78

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 07:37:58 am »
NebulaM78, do you have other TFTD mods installed? It will conflict with any armor mod.
If you want to launch game anyway, you can remove string '  - delete: STR_NONE_UC' from 'armors.rul' file in ruleset folder. It will not breack the game, just spawn 'None' armor.
And if you use other mod, you can say me what it is, so i can make my mod compatible with it.

Thanks for the quick reply, Nord. Deleting the string you mentioned fixed the problem. The mods that I'm using are Better Aquanauts, Disruptor Cannon, Ion Weapons, Lockheed SeaShadow Sub, Second Alien War, and TFTD Inventory Overhaul.

--- posts merged - Solarius Scorch ---

Now there seems to be another crash when I end a mission with those acid spitting immobile things.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:20:40 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 11:58:12 am »
Thanks for the quick reply, Nord. Deleting the string you mentioned fixed the problem. The mods that I'm using are Better Aquanauts, Disruptor Cannon, Ion Weapons, Lockheed SeaShadow Sub, Second Alien War, and TFTD Inventory Overhaul.
Wow, i really can not predict where game will crash with that bunch of mods. First error was from better Aquanauts i presume.
But must i say, that TWoTS is deep enough modification, so these mods will ruin balance? New, TWoTS balance. Some parts of them are included allready, and others i decided to be not useful.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 01:25:09 pm »
Hey nord!

Did you consider to add Ion and Awesome Gauss weapon mods to your mod? They are both awesome weapon tier mods. I think you can add more weapons to aliens too. Like Ion weapons would be very very good for aliens after sonic weapon tech.. with this you can make the game much longer too.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »
Hey nord!

Did you consider to add Ion and Awesome Gauss weapon mods to your mod? They are both awesome weapon tier mods. I think you can add more weapons to aliens too. Like Ion weapons would be very very good for aliens after sonic weapon tech.. with this you can make the game much longer too.
Well, if you look into mod, you see that there is allready ion and additional gauss weapons. My own design, though.

Upd: Version 1.01 is up.
Changelog:
 - Fixed bugs with items recover, including mutant corpses not spawning in geoscape. (and occasionally other items)
 - Added two introduction articles in ufopedia, explaining why we are here and where is flying plasmathrowing supertanks.
 - Fixed bug with paladin armor recycling.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:33:30 pm by Nord »