Author Topic: Early Firearms  (Read 8255 times)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Early Firearms
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 09:01:04 am »
I never use sprayguns, due to the horrible accuracy...   But on the other hand, I have used UAC Carbines from time to time as an accuracy training weapon. It has plentiful ammo, reasonable accuracy, and low damage (which is often handy for accuracy training). So I sometimes use it to show civilians or zombies. With any luck, the target doesn't die but falls unconscious (which then allows me to train bravery as well...)

... that said, if I'm actually trying to kill something, then it shotguns for close range or muskets for long range (in the very early game anyway).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 11:47:11 am »
In my opinion, the Spraygun is a strong candidate for the crappiest weapon in the game. It's weak, and actually hitting something requires getting so close that a melee or throwing weapon becomes a viable option.

The UAC Carbine is no miracle, but at least it can be used to snipe at weaker targets.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 06:49:50 am »
Spray gun definitely has my vote for worst gun. Think I've never willingly used it. UAC is tolerable when options are limited.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 08:02:12 am »
So is it odd that I find the spraygun crappy but somewhat useful at times, and the UAC carbine completely worthless?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 08:15:08 am »
So is it odd that I find the spraygun crappy but somewhat useful at times, and the UAC carbine completely worthless?

No, it seems to be the norm; people keep arguing if a weapon is useless or absolutely essential all the time. :P

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 09:38:21 am »
Unless they're in my face, enemies with sprayguns get quickly demoted to "last to kill" on my kill lists. Civvie crap like holdout revolvers are more threatening than Sprayguns.