aliens

Author Topic: [Documentation] Mixing and Matching Terrain with MapScripts!  (Read 17363 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [EXE] Mixing and Matching Terrain with MapScripts!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2017, 06:09:01 pm »
Congrats Oheartenstein! I know how much trouble it was, so kudos for doing it. I will certainly make good use of this feature. :)

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2017, 10:41:11 am »

As for 'baseTerrain' I have wished for something different but with a similar objective: being able to determine Base Defense terrain depending on the globe texture, as the current nightlies allow for alien bases.

In short, there would be the vanilla Base Defense + modded terrains that could be used for base defense, depending on the base's location on the globe. Since each texture would have alienDeployments assigned to it, you could have the vanilla underground base, or a version of it with a ground level, or even a base fully on the surface.

An other complementary idea could be that when the base defense counter attack level  is more (a comparison level as to establish) than alien ship attack force, it could be generate an other base defence terrain on the surface with maps such as XBase+ without underground levels, but with some bunker for spawn xcom unit, mixed with a terrain depending on the globe texture. A landing/crashed  specific attacking alien ship could be an other option.

Offline mrcalzon02

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 07:03:54 am »
This whole thread looks to be tackling the exact problem i just ran smack into...maps seam to be limited to 2 tilesets? not sure how the rules play out but tiles from the third tileset ina map dont seam to survive translation to the battlespace.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 11:01:55 am »
You can have as many tilesets as you want, provided that the total number of tiles does not exceed 256.

You can somewhat circumvent this problem by putting destroyed tiles (not used for map construction) to the end of the last tileset.