aliens

Author Topic: Games dreaming,things that did come true and not.  (Read 2405 times)

Offline KOYK

• Sergeant
  • To walk a fine line
    • View Profile
Games dreaming,things that did come true and not.
« on: November 17, 2016, 09:35:01 pm »
Ok here my sad list of games that didn't actually do it right for me.

X-com coop,yea i know but!
lets say that you agree with your friend that you will play the game like you do in crusader kings 2.we pause only for emergency.
and in the battles well,why not play them together? Team alpha and team bravo? or just let the time pass in geoscape in a pre arranged time between the players?
wait! imagine this scenario,player 1 plays xcom and player 2 plays terror from the deep,same geoscape,but different enemy's and tech.you research and manufacture and then you sell your Gauss weapons to your friend.battle together by joining the same mission spot in the map.

Stronghold 1 and Crusader
ok first of all imagine a global map with 2 regions,the British island and the holy lands.you build your castle and you attack to conquer more regions.play with your friends and with AI.
Ships! yes! imagine having ships in that game too.

C&C Renegate
well i was expecting an rts game with fps elements,like you build your base and then you walk around enter some vehicles,kill some civs,command a squad,sen't out a Chinook helicopter to pick up your friend or drop some supply's and vehicles,or even some AI troops to assist him.but in renegate the only thing you do is walk around in a premade base/map pffff

Master of orion 2
Ahh what a game! well add the word open before the name and you got treasure openmoo2,this game only needs some extra ideas and its perfect.max players increase,high resolution,and some mini mods and its ready to rock once again!

Sudden strike: resource war
this game got every realistic aspect an rts game can get,but with out skirmish mode with AI,only humans  in multiplayer and AI on single player missions (no skirmish).

civilization 3,the AI gets dump in multiplayer,no scripts in the editor.if some one could mix alpha century and civ 3 the TBS game world would be better.

cod mw2,no bots,no vehicles(controllable) hackers, no modding :'( (at least one that wont get you banned)

Fallout 4 well you know...that engine sucks,but i like the base building (unfortunately they over did it)

Games that turning up good:

open morrowind - coop mod by Stanislav Zhukov

open ra - all C&C old titles (coop is possible) and tiberium dawn now with AI for skirmish!

master of magic. some one is making a good "open" reanimation of that dead game,but i don't remember the name unfortunately.

Open X-com - no need to talk about it. Thank you!

Call of duty 1 - working bots! but they don't use vehicles.

Games that did come with full happiness package

Quake 2,coop by birth

Warcraft 3,ohh that editor!

Age of empires 2, knights knights knights!!!

mortal kombat complete, perfect...

heroes of might and magic 3(with wog mod)

half life (all titles)

Portal 2

well i can keep up with this part of the list so ill stop here.

all this is by memory and i am sure i missed lots of games. so what do you say about my list? do you agree? want to add your good/bad/needs-to Game? please share your thoughts!!

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Games dreaming,things that did come true and not.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 10:12:47 pm »
Alternative to C&C Renegade:

Try BattleZone.   You Dry/fly around in your Craft, or on foot, giving orders to your troops to follow or move out or how to engage, as you literally build a base with harvesting...

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Games dreaming,things that did come true and not.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 03:40:12 am »
The subject is extremely vague. If you wanted to speak about CO-OP games, I still play Doom with the Zdaemon source port, especially Plutonia and Plutonia2 maps. The Doom physics and gameplay has a lot of unexpected possibilities in co-op.