Author Topic: Icons for soldier classes  (Read 2420 times)

lechuck

Icons for soldier classes
« on: October 25, 2016, 06:42:38 pm »
I got tired of adding snp, sct, hvy when changing soldier names so I changed the FontBig.png and FontSmall.png
to add icons for the various classes. I replaced !, &, ? with icons. This was just a quick and dirty switch so if some
font artist wants to change it to something better, please post them here. Some of them may appear here and
there on windows that pop up, but who reads those after seeing them hundreds of times. Download the font pics
below, Make backup copies or rename the original files and place these in the language folder.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Icons for soldier classes
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 07:28:41 pm »
This is quite clever. Note, if you want to change some characters that are not already present, you can edit Language/Font.dat, it's a Unicode text file in yaml format.
This is useful if you want to be able to enter, for example, € (AltGr+E on many european keyboards)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:33:52 pm »
In fact, a statstring mod made for English-US could use the funky characters for other languages and assign these to statstrings to use icons. I'll have to look into that!

lechuck

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 08:14:19 pm »
Thanks for the tips, probably be useful for having the characters not showing up where you don't want them.