aliens

Author Topic: Any plans on a more PG version?  (Read 14521 times)

Offline Asheram

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Any plans on a more PG version?
« on: August 29, 2016, 12:10:56 pm »
It's all there in the title.
I love this Mod and would love to livestream it for others enjoyment, but all the bared tits are toeing plenty of Terms of Service.
Any possibility we'll be able to see a "reversed" nude mod in the future, covering up some of the artwork? (Even though it's a darn shame)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Any plans on a more PG version?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 12:15:02 pm »
Unlikely. What would be the point of the mod?

Also, what kind of service is bothered by pixel nipples? Whoever they are, screw them. (Even YT doesn't mind.)

Offline Asheram

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 12:22:27 pm »
Unlikely. What would be the point of the mod?

Also, what kind of service is bothered by pixel nipples? Whoever they are, screw them. (Even YT doesn't mind.)

Twitch can have their heads up their arses sometimes and I doubt a lot of streamers want to take a chance with that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 12:52:27 pm »
Twitch can have their heads up their arses sometimes and I doubt a lot of streamers want to take a chance with that.

There are Twitch LPs of Piratez. Gaudium has one, for example.
And even if this wasn't true, who'd care about some unreasonable portal? Much less tweak a product to satisfy them? That would be below humiliating, I can't see Dioxine doing something like this.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 02:03:28 pm »
I personally don't mind all the nudity and such, but I can say that I do feel slightly uncomfortable playing the game when someone else is watching.

In the Bootypedia, most images are fitting and in good taste, and I think bit of incidental nudity is good. But some of the pictures probably do take it a bit far. For example, the Mind-machine Interface image is apparently a girl masturbating. Although I'm ok with that showing up in the game for me, it does make me reluctant to recommend the game to my family and some of my friends. When someone is watching me play, I wonder what people think of the game and of me if I happen to be looking at a picture of a girl about to get fucked by a monster - such as in the Demonic Rituals picture, or "#022".

Stuff like the nurse outfit and the bikinis can make it seem like the girls are just dressing up for male amusement. And the slave outfit might make a casual observer wonder why our girls are naked...

I'm not looking for a PG version; but I would suggest showing a bit of restraint with the NSFW content. (And I don't mean the kind of restraint in the Ravager picture.) I wouldn't ask for any of that stuff to be removed; but I do think that there is a balance to maintain. That balance is different for different people, of course.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 02:14:31 pm »
Yeah, the Mind-machine interface was a little bit over the top; I felt embarrassment when the picture popped up during recording.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 02:25:59 pm »
Well, yeah, that's another point. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 03:11:52 pm »
Any possibility we'll be able to see a "reversed" nude mod in the future, covering up some of the artwork? (Even though it's a darn shame)

Don't let me stop you! I will even include the mod in the official distro, but a fair warning, it'll require an enormous work, or savage cutting of content, or some combination thereof.

For example, the Mind-machine Interface image is apparently a girl masturbating.

Ummm... what? I only see a naked girl using some sort of controls, reminding a little UFO controls with the floating globes. The problem is I haven't found a better picture with such depiction of fancy machinery. But I agree it's very suggestive.

When someone is watching me play, I wonder what people think of the game and of me if I happen to be looking at a picture of a girl about to get fucked by a monster - such as in the Demonic Rituals picture, or "#022".

#022 might be just over the top, agreed - while Demonic Rituals are just weird, #022 does indeed look like rape. I will probably replace it, however, it's gated behind Pillow Book, which should be red warning light, and Demonic Rituals are... well, what the hell did you expect, as well?

Stuff like the nurse outfit and the bikinis can make it seem like the girls are just dressing up for male amusement.

That can be applied to any sort of clothing or lack thereof, as long as any females are involved. An vice versa, you don't need to aim for male attention to consider wearing skimpy clothing.

And the slave outfit might make a casual observer wonder why our girls are naked...

It's available in the naughty mod only.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:21:16 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »
Yes, a mod that replaces the most suggestive pedia picture would help those who wish to stream on Twitch. A sort of reverse naughty mod, so we have the option to go 18+ or... I dunno. 16?

It'll also help those who use Youtube for money because if you activate the age limit you get nothing, not a cent.

Cultures that confuse nudity with sex puzzle me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:27:13 pm by Boltgun »

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 08:34:18 pm »
Yes, a mod that replaces the most suggestive pedia picture would help those who wish to stream on Twitch. A sort of reverse naughty mod, so we have the option to go 18+ or... I dunno. 16?

It'll also help those who use Youtube for money because if you activate the age limit you get nothing, not a cent.

Cultures that confuse nudity with sex puzzle me.

May the enthusiasts make dat mod! And if there is no enthusiasts... bad luck i guess. So do not bother Dioxine with that.  It is not important. Leave problems of twicherasts and youtuberasts to them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:36:27 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 09:17:53 pm »
No worries, I'm not bothered. I have no slightiest intention of working on it.

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 10:01:39 pm »

Ummm... what? I only see a naked girl using some sort of controls, reminding a little UFO controls with the floating globes. The problem is I haven't found a better picture with such depiction of fancy machinery. But I agree it's very suggestive.

Maybe you want to use one of the attached images?

edit: source:
https://omen2501.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:13:34 pm by clownagent »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 12:27:03 am »
Here's the better one (IMO) quickly resized and re-paleted with PaintShop Pro 7.

I think it works.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:28:51 am by Roxis231 »

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 12:58:46 am »
Here's the better one (IMO) quickly resized and re-paleted with PaintShop Pro 7.

I think it works.

I would probably lighten it up a bit more.

Also attached two "tame and boring" demon themed images

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 01:05:55 am »
Ouch. Yuck. Clownagent, I'm not putting these ugly things in my mod :) As for the green picture - it's fine, but it looks like Cybernetic, not MM Interface. I actually was considering it long ago for Cybernetic interface, but in the end choose the current one. MM needs crystals, space and swag, most importantly, swag.