Author Topic: Reload one bullet  (Read 10181 times)

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
Re: Reload one bullet
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 06:44:57 pm »
The "items definition" don't even create any instances/objects as such. In geoscape, all you have is the number of those items, without the actual items. The instances are created in battlescape, live there for the duration of the battle and then get destroyed again... so you would lose the information about the remaining bullets in a clip after the battle.

For this case, I have another "great" suggestion - https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4866.0.html

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »
May I ask to whom exactly was the original suggestion from the first post in this thread addressed?

I am speaking about OpenXcom. I think, that nobody do patches for 1.0 version, but I think it can be done in the next version. And I have no idea about other clones, like pirates and something else.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 06:53:57 pm »
I am speaking about OpenXcom. I think, that nobody do patches for 1.0 version, but I think it can be done in the next version. And I have no idea about other clones, like pirates and something else.

There are exactly two people, who have access to OpenXcom repository: SupSuper and Warboy.
If you want something done (only) there, you can probably just contact them directly... others can't help you beyond custom forks.

PS: nightly can also be considered a patch for 1.0 :)
PS2: btw. we share the same opinion about versions, milestones and patches... but I gave up trying, since I cannot influence it

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 07:19:56 pm »
Lets take a shotgun for example, and consider it has three types of ammunition:  Buck Shot, Heavy Slugs, and Incendiary Scatter Shot.

Bottom line is one by one bullet reloading because it is real behavior for shotguns and grenade launchers (and rocket launchers). Different types of ammo is additional bonus.

One remark: unloading - LIFO, shooting - FIFO.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 10:03:41 pm »
Now I haven't fired a gun in a couple years, but don't all magazine / tube fed weapons fire and unload in LIFO order?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 04:03:48 am »
Reloading single shot weapons or reload clips.
You always pay 15 TU for a reload, so why do i wanna reload only one bullet, if i can load a clip...

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 01:56:28 pm »
IMO, without forcing the player to choose how many to reload, weapons reloaded one shot at a time could automatically 'complete' the weapon, using an amount of time proportional to the number of shots. If all shots don't fit, leave the extra ones in the original "clip item".
Ex. If a shotgun has 6 "spaces" and you shot twice already, when you drag 6 shells from a pocket to reload, it takes 1/3 of the time of a full reload, and leaves 4 shells in that pocket.
This behavior would avoid awkward situations where you have a near-empty shotgun, and the game forces you to unload before you can replace with a full group of shells.

The_Funktasm

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 06:38:22 am »
This might be a nice idea for linked belt-fed weapons in particular. Say you have your Auto-cannon unit load another belt of ammo into their current ammo pool, or as was said before, shotgun shells offered in boxes and loaded one by one into a weapon. I think priority should go more into this working for utility of individual ammo sources more than variety of types in a single magazine. Maybe it's just me, but I see the primary value of a feature like this, being shotgun shells in various ammo counts being used to fill a wide variety of weapons in different maximum capacities.

Just my two cents.

Perhaps the best example I can give is you have three ammo types or sizes, and four guns that share those three as common ammo, yet they have individual ammo counts. So a Sawn-off Shotgun with two round capacity, and an Assault Shotgun with 12 round capacity can reload with the same ammo source. A 9mm ammo source could reload both a 12 round Glock and a 30 round MP5. Could be nice, depending.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:11:17 am by The_Funktasm »