Author Topic: Flood of Terror Missions. Is this normal?  (Read 8935 times)

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Flood of Terror Missions. Is this normal?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 06:43:53 pm »
The thing that is bothering me is that the UFOPaedia.org page has different values for the delay introduced on the original game, stating that they can vary between 1-9 days. Either I misinterpreted the OXC code or something else

https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/b7366ad1ee0550362dfc69b293282fc064cbeb4f/src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp#L505

I agree - this might be a bug - according to this it's between 8.3 and 9.3 days.  I think it should be: _spawnCountdown += 30 * (RNG::generate(0, 400) + 48);

Offline IMBACORE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 08:52:09 pm »
Downloaded the latest nightly. There are now UFOs. Thanks!

A question: How do I upgrade to a newer nightly without breaking a game in progress?

Also: The save game files are stored in a My Docs OpenXcom folder separate from the main OpenXcom one right?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 09:09:13 pm »
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/b7366ad1ee0550362dfc69b293282fc064cbeb4f/src/Savegame/AlienMission.cpp#L505

I agree - this might be a bug - according to this it's between 8.3 and 9.3 days.  I think it should be: _spawnCountdown += 30 * (RNG::generate(0, 400) + 48);

Yeah, I discussed all of this with Warboy today and he fixed the wrong calculations

A question: How do I upgrade to a newer nightly without breaking a game in progress?

Unzip the new nightly version to the /openxcom folder where you have the older nightly version and simply replace all existing files

Also: The save game files are stored in a My Docs OpenXcom folder separate from the main OpenXcom one right?

Yes, save game files, screenshots and mods are all stored on that My Docs folder, separate from the main OpenXCom installation

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 09:25:18 pm »
The save game files are stored in a My Docs OpenXcom folder separate from the main OpenXcom one right?

Addendum: if you want, you can create a folder named "User" inside the openxcom folder and move all your data from My Docs there.
It's not necessary, but I personally hate My Docs with a passion only paralleled by some Outlook features. Plus you won't have to worrry about access rights and such.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 09:44:44 pm »
Yeah, I discussed all of this with Warboy today and he fixed the wrong calculations

Btw. he changed the calculation only on one place (AlienMission.cpp)... the same calculation is also in GeoscapeState.cpp... should this be changed too?

https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Geoscape/GeoscapeState.cpp#L737

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 12:08:11 am »
Btw. he changed the calculation only on one place (AlienMission.cpp)... the same calculation is also in GeoscapeState.cpp... should this be changed too?

https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Geoscape/GeoscapeState.cpp#L737

well spotted.

Offline IMBACORE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 05:47:34 pm »
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys!