Thank you Meridian for understanding.--- posts merged. Please don't double-post - Solarius Scorch ---
What's up fellow Canuck! Great work with this mod; I really enjoy the conceptual tweak (I.e. overheating) that you introduce with the laser weapons. Have you ever considered adding a laser sniper rifle to your mod? I think it would add a nice compliment to the current offerings, that being having a long range, high TU laser option- you know, to really "reach out and touch" some E.Ts .
Thank you for being interested in Awesome Guns modification and thank you for sharing your ideas.
Implementation of the Sniper Laser Rifle is not a problem. But the Sniper Laser Rifle involves some problems. let me explain the situation.
1. Awesome Guns modification introduce three sniper rifles. The first sniper rifle is available from the beginning. Thunderbolt can be investigated quickly, but it is convenient to use since the middle of the game. Railgun can be discovered near the end of the game.
2. The Idea of sniper rifles in the Awesome Guns modification are: limit ammunition (Thunderbolt has just 2 bullets, Railgun just one) and long time for shot (more than 90%).
3. In general, all sniper rifles have the great accuracy. I am thinking about decreasing accuracy.
Let's see what is the situation with Laser Sniper Rifle.
1. The Laser Sniper Rifle will be discovered approximately in the middle of the game and will rival with two sniper rifles.
2. Idea of Laser weapons in the Awesome Guns modifications are: unlimited ammunition and great accuracy. The weakness is: overheating, therefore there is no auto shot. Also, the laser weapons are a little lighter in weight.
How we can see, if the Sniper Rifle is introduced in the Awesome Guns modification, then it will not involve its weakness and will realize all strengths. I really want to expand the laser arsenal, but I am afraid that it will implement unbalancing in the game. I wonder, if you have any ideas.
PS: You live in the 6ix, aren't you?