Author Topic: [REQUEST] A use for Sectoid Corpses.  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
[REQUEST] A use for Sectoid Corpses.
« on: May 16, 2016, 01:43:17 am »
I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere, but I thought I'd just put it up here.

Playing OXC with FMP 1.9.2 it seems to me there is no current use for Sectoid Corpses (I haven't gotten that far, at least), so today I thought of something.

The Request:
Since I am not able to make any new items (graphics 'n stuff) to put into the game, I'd like to know if anyone has made a mod like this. Or, if not, anyone would be willing to make it. I'd love to play with this.

SpoilerMod Idea:
After researching a psi-capable alien (unlocking the psi-amp in vanilla), I'd like to unlock...
A - Extraction of Psi-Tissue from a Sectoid Corpse
B - Production of Psi-Nanites
C - Production of Psi-Amp, using one Psi-Tissue and one Psi-Nanite. No other changes from vanilla Psi-Amp.

The Psi-Tissue/Psi-Nanite UFOPaedia could read something like (suggestion)
SpoilerPsi-Tissue/Psi-Nanite:
After study of the psi-capable alien, we've found the area of the creature's frontal lobe most active during its attempts at psi-controlling our soldiers.

We can easily program nanites to do the same job. However, we need a larger sample of psi-capable tissue in order to amplify the psi-strength enough to benefit us.

Extracting this tissue from a dead Sectoid and combining it with the nanites in a sealed container, allows our own soldiers to control the amplifier with their own minds, connecting to the aliens' brainwaves.

This would make one more corpse useful in my game. And I'd be happy!  :)
Of course, discussions are welcome. If I overlooked anything, or you have better ideas, please share your thoughts.

PS!
I am going to start a new game with my personal mod (.rul changes only, I'm the CTRL+C/CTRL+V kind of modder  ;D) this weekend.
Explosions have blastRange of (Power/10) and all damage is restricted to +/- 20% from the UFOPaedia values. Should make for an interesting game. I'm sure I will find a way to share my experiences/results once June comes (I can only play during weekends, and I presume this will take a few to get anything useful to say on the matter).

Sincerely
Kjotleik    :)