aliens

Author Topic: No Donation - No Salvation! Also: Future Plans!  (Read 89366 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
No Donation - No Salvation! Also: Future Plans!
« on: May 03, 2016, 11:37:42 pm »
The X-Piratez has its own site, which might be not known since it's an obscure one; it hosts mine and Solarius' mods we made over the years. The site will be upgraded shortly (now it's only in Polish), but, most importantly, it already has a donation button linked to my PayPal account.
So, want to contribute? Want me to spend more time on expanding the mod, and less on boring day job? Now you can.
All donators will be credited in-game (needs name or nick), on a memorial stone.

Donate directly to salvation machine: PayPal at GSDioxine@gmail.com

WANT TO BE FEATURED IN THE MOD?
Offer is open to any donors, past and future.
You can be featured in a collectible article as an in-game background character, or have a weapon or battery-powered craft named after you.
I don't guarantee that any of these will be flattering.
PM me for details.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 07:28:16 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: No Donation - No Salvation! Also: future plans
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:45:55 pm »
To show what potential I see in the further developement, and thus give some incentive to support me lol, I will share some of my plans here (if you want to discuss them, please start new topics - I want this one to stay as info topic only).

1. Expanded early game

- Start with the Airbus and less equipment to choose from.

- In time, get technology to repair Bonavetura hull that's in your stores

- 5 Bonaventura variants to choose from, each with different stats, map and a single unique weapon.
        - Far off: Each opens up a slightly different campaign, eg. evil campaign with killing Mutants, campaign where you cooperate with the Church etc.

- A bunch of new, early missions (you will be unable to intercept anything for a while, only landing sites will be accessible).
           - Ratling hideouts
           - Monster hunts
           - Cult of Apocalypse temples
           - Mini-Pogroms
           - Academy Prison Infiltrations

2. New Special Missions

- Underwater! Go skinny dipping (or power-armor walking) in the continental shelf, explore old wrecks, ruins and caves, uncover treasures and fight aquatic enemies. Most of your weapons don't work, including grenades! Movement rates significantly reduced, as are sight ranges, but most outfits allow 3-d movement!

- Arena Fights. Small missions for a few Pirates in an enclosed space, with strict rules on weapons and armor. Face various gladiators, and either die in shame or win prizes and admiration!

- Space Missions. Take your Deliverator (or other suitable ship) for a spin to some orbital station. Face horrors of space, brave vacuum and lack of gravity, get hi-tech loot!

- Deep Cave Forays. Who knows what lurks in the shadows Deep Below? Your enemies are heat, fire and darkness. Heat is bad for Stamina, nuff said. But you can meet and kill new, exotic races or experience awful horrors.

- Into the Demon World! Step through portals to confront insanely powerful demonic cratures.

- Dreamscape. The most esoteric of your journeys, where all you can take is your mind and body. However, special researcheable outfits will transform into armor when taken there. Also they will spawn some weapons for you to use (others will need to be found on site; all very unusual weapons, naturally). You only suffer Stun damage in the Dreamscape, but you need to win or find exit to return! The catch? VooDoo. The better the outfit, the quicker it will render you unconscious... unless your VooDoo is strong enough to counteract that negative effect!

3. Late game expansions

- Marsec! After some set time, Marsec elite forces will come down to Earth to hunt you down. Expect much stiffer resistance in the missions they will participate. Also, new weapons too!

- Gifts from Well-Wisher. Catch elusive heart-shaped ships, find new and powerful weapons there, along with instructions how to make more!

- Masters and Dragons. Open up contacts with Earth's pushers and movers, like Cleopatra or White Dragon or the Inquisition, win them over to buy unique equipment, combat units, and even special soldiers!

4. Other

- Collectible dossiers on Piratez-verse VIPs. Active contributors are encouraged to submit their characters :)

- Forgotten Tech. Raid very rare vaults to acquire legendary stuff like the Enforcer combat droid.

- New special craft:
      - HWP bunker
      - Gas Assault ship
      - Demonic limo
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:03:47 pm by Dioxine »

Offline bluberd

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: No Donation - No Salvation! Also: Future Plans!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 09:12:11 pm »
Dioxine - thank you for this great mod!

At this stage in my opinion what we really need is auto updater for the game.
I start my Piratez playing session manually checking the current version on the forum (version on your page is highly outdated).
Then replacing it, copying manually my saves, config files. Till now I was too lazy to write a script, but at some point I will...

I like frequent updates and patches, very devops etc, but the delivery is rather cumbersome.

Create auto updater, check deferrentials only (so you download not the whole mod but just needed files).

Thank you.

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:24:44 am »
Hello Dioxine:

Impressive, all the work done, and future upgrades mod.   :D There is one who called me, especially the attention, missions on a space station. Just out of curiosity, how you plan to simulate the location of the mission? Perhaps we will have to discover an old spaceport, to reach it, the Conqueror, or some similar way? 

Offline sabrecat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 05:16:05 am »
I contributed! Happy to help!

...though in the PayPal message I introduced myself as the wrong forum handle ("Elseleth", a second-choice I go with when "SabreCat" is taken), which was probably confusing.

The Internet!

It's difficult!

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 10:02:00 am »
Say, are you planning to add other salvation options, like paysafecard?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 10:07:18 am »
Monsignore, it's all black magic to me. A friend did all the stuff, I only had to write in my data & password :)

Impressive, all the work done, and future upgrades mod.   :D There is one who called me, especially the attention, missions on a space station. Just out of curiosity, how you plan to simulate the location of the mission? Perhaps we will have to discover an old spaceport, to reach it, the Conqueror, or some similar way?

An old spaceport is a good idea, although crafts like Deliverator or Predator can IMO easily climb high Earth's orbit. So I can simply put the mission zones on equator or on poles and inform the player beforehand that these points 'allow for least fuel consumption'. Still, good idea with that spaceport as launching platform... would sound less BS-tty. Also a mission to conquer said spaceport! :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:37:34 am by Dioxine »

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 02:49:28 am »
Sent a few bucks your way Dioxine. Have a drink or two on me or something!

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 10:18:38 am »
I just realised that my donation probably has my real name from my paypal account. If you're going to keep a list of donors, I'd prefer to just be 'karadoc'.  (I tend not to use my physical-world name on the internet.)

Thanks again for the game.

Offline Balronan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 04:50:28 am »
Dioxine, thank you for putting so much of your time and energy into this mod. The love shows. Cheers!

Offline Thyl

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 09:09:28 pm »
I sent few bucks from G nom[at]yandex ru, but paypal was horribly bugging on me.
Dioxine, can you please confirm transaction?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 09:24:53 pm »
Confirmed, thanks a ton. Although Paypal ate like, 7.5% of your money. Looks like Paypal doesn't like Russia :)

Offline Thyl

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 07:56:44 pm »
Looks like Paypal doesn't like Russia :)
That's a long sad story, about Paypal and Russia.
Anyway, Dioxine, you brought me one of the best gaming experience in, like, 10 years of my life. So that money is well-earned payment for you magnificent work.
Also, as karadoc above, I would prefer not to disclose my real ID, and go under nick "Thyl".

Offline Crazy Photon

• Squaddie
  • Resistance is NEVER Futile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »
Any chance of accepting bitcoin donations?

niculinux

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 10:54:10 am »
Post midified by author

Sry for annoyance! As for the other plans such as submarine combat and goin on the moon i'd humbly advice - if i may - to omplement them in other mods.  :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 05:38:28 pm by niculinux »