aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720574 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Meridian's resources and mods for X-PirateZ
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2016, 10:09:23 am »
Hi, Thanks again for all these great improvements. I'm a little confused on how to update the avatars in this version? I've tried various things from the inventory in equip vessel screen and while on battlescape but I haven't gotten it to work yet.
How do I use this new feature?
Thanks!

Ooops sorry.
The hotkey is "M" (or anything you have bound to "Minimap" hotkey).

PS: it works only when the soldier is in the base (i.e. not on a mission)

Offline eisenefaust

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2016, 12:16:36 pm »
Ooops sorry.
The hotkey is "M" (or anything you have bound to "Minimap" hotkey).

PS: it works only when the soldier is in the base (i.e. not on a mission)
Perfect! Thanks. Would it be possible to also have it accessed by Right-Click on Character Avatar? I just naturally tried that first, perhaps others feel the same way.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2016, 12:31:46 pm »
As far as I see in the code, there are no borders for the avatar (it is actually a 320x200 surface, i.e. fullscreen).
I could hard-code some coordinates... but it would probably not work well with different resolutions and aspect ratios...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2016, 08:15:35 pm »
New version available.

v2015-01-02
  + soldier sorting now supports also ID (order in which soldiers were hired) and name (by first letter only)
  + added experimental map border indicator to minimap
  + added experimental map border indicator to map (only visible when "show all layers" button is turned on)

Offline eisenefaust

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2016, 09:33:18 am »
As far as I see in the code, there are no borders for the avatar (it is actually a 320x200 surface, i.e. fullscreen).
I could hard-code some coordinates... but it would probably not work well with different resolutions and aspect ratios...
Ok, no problem.

I was also talking to another friend of mine, who I've recently introduced XCOM to, and he was trying to equip soldiers by right-clicking them in the soldier list. What do you think about this? On some level it makes sense to me, but then again what do you do when then soldier isn't assigned to a craft?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »
A few bugfixes today.

v2015-01-03
  + Fixed stat update after armor change in Inventory
  + Fixed scrolling issue (in Craft > Equip Armor GUI)

I was also talking to another friend of mine, who I've recently introduced XCOM to, and he was trying to equip soldiers by right-clicking them in the soldier list. What do you think about this? On some level it makes sense to me, but then again what do you do when then soldier isn't assigned to a craft?

I personally don't miss such a feature, but if more people ask for it, I can do it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2016, 02:59:42 am »
I personally don't miss such a feature, but if more people ask for it, I can do it.

I think it's in line with other official improvements of GUI, like scrolling.

And like always, thanks for all the great work!

EDIT:

Have you perhaps considered this option? Or is it already in perhaps?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2016, 10:42:52 am »
Have you perhaps considered this option? Or is it already in perhaps?

I think this was always in. You just need to modify/add the resources so that the frames are not all the same.

But frankly, I personally don't like too much animation... remember I am the guy who made even the smoke static ;-)

EDIT: This is already in. You can animate stuff and you can also animate it with different starting frames if you make multiple MCDs.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:43:34 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2016, 11:50:10 pm »
New version available.
Mostly bugfixes and some improvements.

v2016-01-04
  * Inventory screen:
    + don't shift inventory grid labels anymore (when showing TUs needed to move items)
    + disabled moving fixed items in Inventory by Ctrl+click (for example cannot drop medikit-item from Nurse outfit)
    + clear/create/apply inventory template functionality now ignores fixed items
       * clear doesn't remove fixed items
       * create doesn't include fixed items
       * apply doesn't overwrite fixed items
  * Stat improvement screen:
    + increased the size of Stat Improvement table to 18 rows (so that we can see entire Bonaventura crew at once)
    + fixed CTD on mission end (caused by stat improvement calculation for non-soldiers, i.e. HWPs)

TODO: correctly equip fixed items when changing armor directly in Inventory (e.g. Nurse outfit)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2016, 01:36:02 pm »
This is already in. You can animate stuff and you can also animate it with different starting frames if you make multiple MCDs.

And that's exactly the point, Volutar suggested a way to avoid syncing without making more MCDs (which really isn't an option, since MCD number is limited). I was asking about using the currently unused byte for telling the engine to start with a random frame, sorry for not being clear.

Good going with the improvements, can't wait to test them.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2016, 10:46:42 pm »
New version's up.

v2016-01-05
  + now properly equipping also fixed items when changing armor in the Inventory... I would appreciate if somebody helped me test this some more
  + merged SupSuper's code fixing problems with Graphs when there are more than 16 countries (wrong total, wrong colors, wrong values, etc.), more info here: https://openxcom.org/bugs/openxcom/issues/1148
    * BIG thanks to SupSuper!
  + added hotkey to open Inventory from Craft Equipment (same as in battlescape, usually "I")
  + fixed the Apply inventory template button... which I accidentally broke yesterday ;-)

Good going with the improvements, can't wait to test them.

I would really appreciate that. I have tested all of them, but (most probably) not all the cases. There are features in OXC/OXCE, which I don't even know about and forgot to consider them... like the last case with the fixed items on armors (e.g. Nurse outfit, Alliance advisor or even a dog)... but that should be fixed with today's version.

Offline eisenefaust

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2016, 06:47:21 am »
Yay! Second post has statstrings, static smoke, and music now!
Thanks for adding this so soon!
I found your statstring settings really interesting! I added 'T' and 't' for throwing skill with same ranges as firing skill for 'M' and 'm'.
I'm curious why you didn't have a throwing accuracy statstring already since all the bow usage? Did you find that throwing weapons fall off and everyone should go for guns, is it that throwing skill is easy to train with tossing flares that you didn't have to worry about it, or something else I'm not thinking off?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2016, 12:27:37 pm »
I thin I've written it somewhere already but can't find it now, so I'll repeat here.

Would it be possible to make beer, rum etc. consumable items? What I mean is that if you drink all the charges, you shouldn't get all your bottle back in the base; you should just lose it and buy or brew a new one. If you have some partially finished bottles, the remaining content should combine to form as many full bottles as possible, exactly like ammo.
Actually, medikits and bandages should follow the same mechanics... In vanilla it is assumed that you can simply replenish their content in base, but in Piratez it's not so trivial.

Another but related thing about drinkable stuff is that it's weird that the bottles are clearly divided into three parts (healing, painkillers and stimulation). It would be more natural if each sip gave you all three effects at once (or two, if some component is not present).

So Meridian, do you think it can be done? I know it's probably not trivial, but I think it's dearly needed.

EDIT:

One more thing: would it be possible to have a filtering system in the Craft/Equipment screen? Like displaying only weapons, or maybe even only melee weapons, or perhaps even only one-handed weapons? This would be really handy for example whenever I am looking for a pistol for my melee warrior and it's hard to see what we have, especially when I have tons of stuff (or doing tests in Quick Battle).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 05:35:14 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2016, 12:06:56 am »
Quick Question - Are commendations involved?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
I thin I've written it somewhere already but can't find it now, so I'll repeat here.

Would it be possible to make beer, rum etc. consumable items? What I mean is that if you drink all the charges, you shouldn't get all your bottle back in the base; you should just lose it and buy or brew a new one. If you have some partially finished bottles, the remaining content should combine to form as many full bottles as possible, exactly like ammo.
Actually, medikits and bandages should follow the same mechanics... In vanilla it is assumed that you can simply replenish their content in base, but in Piratez it's not so trivial.

Another but related thing about drinkable stuff is that it's weird that the bottles are clearly divided into three parts (healing, painkillers and stimulation). It would be more natural if each sip gave you all three effects at once (or two, if some component is not present).

So Meridian, do you think it can be done? I know it's probably not trivial, but I think it's dearly needed.

EDIT:

One more thing: would it be possible to have a filtering system in the Craft/Equipment screen? Like displaying only weapons, or maybe even only melee weapons, or perhaps even only one-handed weapons? This would be really handy for example whenever I am looking for a pistol for my melee warrior and it's hard to see what we have, especially when I have tons of stuff (or doing tests in Quick Battle).
I think consumable medikit probably more appropriate to my branch than Meridian. Soon I will start again taking requests because I'm finishing scripting (99% done). After that I could look on that.