Author Topic: [GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD]  (Read 16576 times)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [GENERAL QUESTIONS THREAD]
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 10:17:16 pm »
Dioxine:  Are the KKK (Humanist Activists) disabled in 95c?  (Looking for a hooded inventory image, but not finding it).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 10:19:40 pm »
No, not disabled, there is just no inventory image yet.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 10:27:43 pm »
Dioxine:  Are the KKK (Humanist Activists) disabled in 95c?  (Looking for a hooded inventory image, but not finding it).

Can use the Placeholder image (not the NSFW); not sure if I ever uploaded one, but Public Enemy has it and can be cropped. (Is how I made NSFW one)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 10:30:40 pm »
Heh.  I roughed out a Public Enemy image from the sprite sheet.  We'll see how bad it looks, when I get to the smugglers. ;)

Edit: and thanks for the answer, Dioxine. :)

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 11:23:23 am »
Is there an use for the cooked meat? I made fried reaper innards and I could not find a research topic or a bootypedia entry for it.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 01:39:04 pm »
Is there an use for the cooked meat? I made fried reaper innards and I could not find a research topic or a bootypedia entry for it.

It's meant to be vendor loot and... yeah, that's about it.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 03:12:01 pm »
haha I was a bit puzzled by that too, I was expecting it to.. I don't know.. be eatable by the gals in battle to heal wounds or something? Kept it in the fridge since the runts cooked it. I better sell it before it gets moldy!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 04:03:14 pm »
There are plans to do something with these meals in the far future - if someone wants to add it yourself (I think single-use major buffs, since the supply is limited?), go ahead.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 04:16:06 pm »
Like.. potions? Is there a way to do that in OXCE?

I guess you could make it a range 1 item (you have to share it with another gal :D), with 1 ammo, which significantly alters stats of both the target and user? That'd be interesting! But you can only alter "transient stats" (TUs, stam, stun, hp, morale, armor), right? I guess that's enough.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 04:46:43 pm »
Yes. Check Mushroom Beer, for example.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 05:21:11 pm »
hum..?! Will do when I find mushroom brewers!

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 10:04:01 pm »
The only thing I can think of that would be awesome for cooked meals: health without relying on fatal wounds.

Considering how rare they are to make, I figured that'd be a really good trade-off. Have a major pirate that somehow managed to get hurt really badly with no fatal wounds or still really hurt after patching up? Eat a Ethereal brain or some Royal Boomosaurus Steak (Especially since it requires RUM, which requires APPLES, which are rare at times)!

Once ate, they are destroyed (like Panzerfausts). Restore like 30-40 HP? I would suggest the rarer meals have more than one use but that can be easily abused like Tear Gas Cans (which have 2 uses, but if you use them twice, they are destroyed, whereas if you only use them once, they are replenished for next mission. Same with Fuso Knives).

Probably said too much for Dioxine to "balance" and fix these "bugs". ;)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 11:32:11 pm »
What? really? I expected those to work like clips and get "combined" and an amount given back that corresponds to how many "full clips" you got. That's not how it works?

Or did you use 2 shots from 2 different items, expect to lose two and only lose one as intended?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2015, 01:26:21 am »
The only thing I can think of that would be awesome for cooked meals: health without relying on fatal wounds.

Considering how rare they are to make, I figured that'd be a really good trade-off. Have a major pirate that somehow managed to get hurt really badly with no fatal wounds or still really hurt after patching up? Eat a Ethereal brain or some Royal Boomosaurus Steak (Especially since it requires RUM, which requires APPLES, which are rare at times)!

Once ate, they are destroyed (like Panzerfausts). Restore like 30-40 HP? I would suggest the rarer meals have more than one use but that can be easily abused like Tear Gas Cans (which have 2 uses, but if you use them twice, they are destroyed, whereas if you only use them once, they are replenished for next mission. Same with Fuso Knives).

Probably said too much for Dioxine to "balance" and fix these "bugs". ;)

Yeah this sounds perfect, but meals should be one-use - and I think some of them should restore Morale, not only Health. Also, 40 Health + 40 Morale is a major boost, things like Deep One Pie should maybe restore 15 HP. We Only Need Gfx - if you find/make  'em, I will code them into the main :)
As for these bugs, they're OXCom bugs - these weapons should be destroyed even if you used a single charge... except, if you have, say, 3 sets, and use only 2 knives each, you'll only lose one set. That's how it's supposed to work.
However, I can ignore these bugs if they're affecting just these 2 weapons, both kind of negligible dollar-wise. However I will remember not to make anything really good with >1 charge.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2015, 04:28:38 am »
Why would using 2 Fuso knives out of 12 mean you should lose all 12? Surely losing 6/12 is already a lot?

Also, that's not a bug, it is 100% by design in that shots are counted, then divided by clip size to get the number of clips that are refunded. Nobody would go through that work unless they wanted it to work this way.