aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434151 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1410 on: February 14, 2017, 10:27:40 pm »
Hmmm infinite ammo ...

Actually, it only duplicates ammo-less weapons, so no infinite ammo :)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 15, 2017, 01:56:00 am »
Can we add an outfit that gives infinite ammo to the user? I figure it would include a headband for reasons.   :)

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 15, 2017, 04:51:49 am »
I tried taking a prospector on an orbital mission, but my gals couldn't get out of the ship.
Not sure if its a bug, but I've also encountered 2 raider vessels with pirate clothing on the roof. also, is the mutated reaper's spit supposed to cost only 5 TUs?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:46:39 am by juff »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1413 on: February 15, 2017, 10:17:52 am »
I tried taking a prospector on an orbital mission, but my gals couldn't get out of the ship.
Not sure if its a bug, but I've also encountered 2 raider vessels with pirate clothing on the roof. also, is the mutated reaper's spit supposed to cost only 5 TUs?

Ah yes, Prospector needs a fix.
The 5 TU cost is unimportant, since high energy cost should severely limit spit's usage anyway. Reaper is not a stationary turret.

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 15, 2017, 01:24:43 pm »
The 5 TU cost is unimportant, since high energy cost should severely limit spit's usage anyway. Reaper is not a stationary turret.
I was going to add that I couldn't use x-grog on the reaper, but I suppose that's by design.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 15, 2017, 01:44:47 pm »
Not so much a bug as a technical issue with 2x2 units. 2x2 are handled quite differently by the game engine. The usage in Priatez is well beyond what the original engine was made for.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 15, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »

If you wait for OXCE 3.7 (Yankes said a few weeks), it'll include my map generation code that can remove some of the hackishness from the orbital maps, including letting gals disembark the craft at its bottom level.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 16, 2017, 12:21:53 pm »
Clearing ship inventory using ctrl-alt-backspace creates duplicates of most of the equipment on the ship. almost everything seems to have been duplicated except for a battleflag, x-grog and xg weapons.

Fixed: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4187.msg79243.html#msg79243

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 16, 2017, 04:09:36 pm »
syns can use alcohol on themselves, but are unaffected by other gals using them. medikits also can't seem to detect them.
This isn't a bug, but I noticed there are 2 researches named tank/battlecannon, one for building them and one for captured enemy tanks. maybe one should be renamed.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 19, 2017, 12:07:01 pm »
Purple turtle claims to have capacity of 12 and indeed 12 gals can fit in, but only 9 units spawn on the battlescape.

IDK if bug or not, but red codex unlocks three different crafts, while gray and golden only get one of them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1420 on: February 20, 2017, 10:10:24 am »
Purple turtle claims to have capacity of 12 and indeed 12 gals can fit in, but only 9 units spawn on the battlescape.

IDK if bug or not, but red codex unlocks three different crafts, while gray and golden only get one of them.

I'll check that deployment again...

Also it's not much of a 'bug' than the reality - I can't conjure resources and crafts out of thin air, strange, eh? :)

Offline The Burning Yak

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 20, 2017, 04:43:49 pm »
It appears I can't research Craft Missiles. I've got all the dependencies except one. SEAGULL. I've researched Seagull Missiles already. When I view SEAGULL in the tech tree viewer it appears to have no dependencies at all.

This is on 0.99F.  I'm thinking I may just need to update to the latest version.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 20, 2017, 04:44:32 pm »
Yes, this is a known bug with version 0.99F, should be fixed in the latest.

Offline Morrandir

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 21, 2017, 12:37:00 pm »
It seems that my gals cannot reaction fire with combat bows. Maybe it's intentional, since combat bows only have an aimed shot, and I seem to remember that reaction fire (for the player) works only with snap shots. Even if it's intentional, it's still at least a bit weird that hunting bows allow for reaction shots while combat bows don't...

While I'm at it, thanks for a truly amazing game! It has the potential to consume all my time and destroy my career, family and health – in a good way 8)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1424 on: February 21, 2017, 04:21:14 pm »
It seems that my gals cannot reaction fire with combat bows. Maybe it's intentional, since combat bows only have an aimed shot, and I seem to remember that reaction fire (for the player) works only with snap shots. Even if it's intentional, it's still at least a bit weird that hunting bows allow for reaction shots while combat bows don't...

Reaction shooting with a longbow? Really? Maybe in Diablo. :)

No, honestly, it makes as little sense as possible. Have you seen these things? They are as tall as you are, and you can't keep the arrow ready for more than a few seconds - maybe fifteen, if you are profoundly trained. And the gals' bows are probably scaled for their strength. Even if the combat bow is not a longbow, it doesn't really change much.

Hunting bows on the other hand are considerable weaker. While reaction firing from them is still a bit of a stretch, it is justified by game balance and not really that absurd.

While I'm at it, thanks for a truly amazing game! It has the potential to consume all my time and destroy my career, family and health – in a good way 8)

I know, mate. I think we all know it well. :)