aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1433914 times)

Offline flying_teabag

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #1365 on: January 03, 2017, 11:29:23 am »
If you have 0.99e3 or later, you'll need "Snubby" research too.
Order doesn't matter.

Ah Thank you very much meridian!  That's what was missing!

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play: XPiratez
« Reply #1366 on: January 03, 2017, 01:47:25 pm »
I found a hole in the villa, see attached image. There are still some of places that are see-through in the villa and the temple, for example from the stairs at the front door of the villa one can see part of the dungeon.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1367 on: January 03, 2017, 09:42:54 pm »
That's not a hole, that's wall/stairs display bug.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 12, 2017, 01:09:58 am »
The new item healing gel has no research requirements to be available for manufacture. I guess this is not intended.

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 15, 2017, 08:48:00 pm »
An impassable piece of jungle scenery can spawn under the entrance to the medical outpost, resulting in the entry becoming impossible. I've tried really hard to remove it with multiple black powder bombs and hammer smacks, but the bombs don't seem to do anything to it, and hammer smacks just wind up hitting the door instead. Since this is an early mission I think something should be done not to make it unwinnable just because of unfortunate scenery placement.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 15, 2017, 08:51:09 pm »
Yeah, it's a common problem and should be fixed, imho. But, it's possible to break a window with hammer and such to gain access.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: January 16, 2017, 03:32:26 am »
Yeah map generation could use some conditional checks to ensure access. I recently had a TFTD map that was completely divided by the double thick walled rail-lines in 3 places. An extra 10 turns due to forced demolition.... >:(

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 16, 2017, 03:50:48 am »
Not a map generation error here, it's an issue with the map blocks marked as LZ - the vanilla jungle LZ maps don't always play nice with non-vanilla UFOs, which is how the lab facility is treated in the code.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 16, 2017, 07:22:45 am »
Maybe this can be fixed by map design? Not having doors on the edge of block, have some fixed passable tile in front of doors so it is not overwritten by terrain - that sort of things

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1374 on: January 16, 2017, 11:22:26 am »
Since this is an early mission I think something should be done not to make it unwinnable just because of unfortunate scenery placement.

Ever heard this game has a feature called "terrain destruction"?

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: January 16, 2017, 02:13:20 pm »
Ever heard this game has a feature called "terrain destruction"?

Have you read my post past the first sentence? I have already stated that I tried hitting it both with a hammer., which kept hitting the door instead of the obstacle no matter how hard I tried, I've also tried throwing black powder bombs to remove it, but they seemed to do nothing to the obstacle, despite clearly damaging the nearby surroundings. I literally don't have anything better as this was my second mission ever in this playthrough.

Anyway, I'm attaching the save if anyone wants to try and break in there. If you manage it, please elaborate in full detail.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1376 on: January 16, 2017, 02:32:15 pm »
So the game always targets the door... sheesh. And the map creator made this tile with enough armor to withstand the BP bomb, for some unknown reason. This will be dealth with.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: January 17, 2017, 09:45:31 pm »
Does shipwrecked gal recruit supposed to add a hand to my band? I rescued one and have the option to recruit and to hire. Hire is adding the worker (BTW, I don´t see this workers giving me more vault space My mistake). But recruiting is not adding a gal to the band. Maybe I´m confused? But I read the manufacturing description and say it should add an Escaped Lunatic. I´m attaching the savegame.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:52:00 pm by ajnunezr »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1378 on: January 17, 2017, 10:20:17 pm »
Does shipwrecked gal recruit supposed to add a hand to my band? I rescued one and have the option to recruit and to hire. Hire is adding the worker (BTW, I don´t see this workers giving me more vault space). But recruiting is not adding a gal to the band. Maybe I´m confused? But I read the manufacturing description and say it should add an Escaped Lunatic. I´m attaching the savegame.

Thanks.

She needs something to eat and some proper sleep. Wait 72 hours and check again.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: January 18, 2017, 01:12:19 am »
Also, you can check Log->Transfers in hideout for stuff that is about to be received by your base. It includes recruited gals.