aliens

Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1434211 times)

niculinux

Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 09:21:12 am »
Dear Yankes, I wonder if may be relased a "quickfix" to change openxcom code, as for this, to make life easiers for players and modders. Any chances?  :-[

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 03:53:43 pm »
@niculinux: I doubt playing with missions and save writting/reading is much of a quickfix ;P But I'll be happy if Yankes proves me wrong.

Otherwise:
New bug! Had another Star God Pogrom, managed to bag a star god novice (yay technology! Goes much better with Tesla on your side :D), but the game crashes before I can bring him home :( Also got a waspite, but it doesn't crash for that one. I've attached a save "just before mission end", load it, "end turn" and CTD.

Also, the ethereal novice has a corpse/bigob like the big boys. They're all orange. I've attached new pics to make him silver like his sprite.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:57:10 pm by Arthanor »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 05:32:45 pm »
Found the bug: There was no definition of what a Star God Novice was for the geoscape in the ruleset.

Quick Fix: in the items section of Piratez_Factions.rul, add
Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_ETHEREAL_NOVICE
    size: 0.0
    recover: true
    liveAlien: true
    costSell: 60000

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 06:15:23 pm »
Dang it, I did it again :) Thanks for the fix. As for the corpses, I kinda like that they change color when they die :) Although I will add red corpse for the Guard.
Correct Sell Price would be 120000, and for STR_ETHEREAL_SOLDIER, 80000
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:19:50 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 06:19:20 pm »
No worries :) It's fun to dig in rulesets again!

If the corpse thing is as designed (could make sense, they are all wearing the same robes and it's the living Star God that makes the robes colorful, with the color depending on the individual's power), maybe something in the star god's booty entry about it? It's a pretty minimal article for now.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 06:20:24 pm »
Yeah good idea.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 08:06:37 pm »
Inventory TU costs are bugged for Shoulder/Legs. TU Cost is identical for Left Shoulder -> Left Leg (14)/Right Leg(12) as Right Shoulder -> Left Leg(14)/Right Leg(12).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 08:18:33 pm »
Yeah good idea.
Which might prompt consideration for a change in color for some of them? Novices would make sense at the same color as the corpses (they are not powerful enough to "shine through"), but no powerful ones should be?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 09:01:16 pm »
I'm actually waiting with this till Yankes introduces animated sprite colors he said he's making :)
As for the robes, these are all 'very ethereal ethereals', or 'tricksters', even the novices, thus they 'shine'. Guards are red, since they have no MC, only levitation. Orange ethereals are 'battle mages' (MC, but no other trickery or 'shine') and they're no longer found on Earth.

niculinux

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 11:07:45 pm »
@niculinux: I doubt playing with missions and save writting/reading is much of a quickfix ;P But I'll be happy if Yankes proves me wrong.

uh..i'm really kinda incompetent in information tecnology, but i think that may hava a high priority in the bug fixing/development..O,:

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 11:17:57 pm »
I will not change how mission are spawn because it will break compatibility with basic version. This request should go to SupSuper and Warboy, they can break everything to fix this :)

niculinux

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2015, 11:32:53 pm »
I will not change how mission are spawn because it will break compatibility with basic version. This request should go to SupSuper and Warboy, they can break everything to fix this :)

Done!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2015, 02:24:42 am »
More playing, more odds stuff. Pogrom again, with really awesome slums-like terrain. But the buildings are really weird:

154 - Looks like the pilot completely obliterated a building in order to make a landing zone?

156 - The steps for this building are weird. There's a floor tile sticking out over the steps, so you go up the steps through the floor, but you have to jump down the hanging floor.

157 - The steps for this building are not under the hole in the 2nd floor, but just next to it. Another case of "go up through the floor, jump down to hole to get out"

158 - Secret room? missing door? In the next espisode: Find out if there's a deep one hiding on the other side!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 12:21:25 am »
Yeah this map is very chaotic, and my craft placement just added to the chaos. They're all no bugs per se (well except the 'secret room', and broken stairs, so very Hobbes, but with the amount of work he's doing, it's a wonder that there are so few bugs in his terrains) but terrains ' oddities.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 12:37:00 am »
Yeah, just wanted to highlight the issues. It's a good thing we can walk through floors when going up, and jump through the holes of where the stairs should have been. It's a really cool map otherwise and there's not really any issue that's unresolvable, so it's worth keeping for sure.

The secret room is actually connected by a staircase on the other side which I had missed. The only issue is that both staircases have floors on top, so you need to blow up a wall/floor to get out (which is easy enough to do.. maybe the rooms were condemned..!).