Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3663879 times)

Offline MotherAce

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #9015 on: April 05, 2024, 07:06:33 am »
hey, first post here. Loving this mod, and have played it off and on for a few years now. Just got back again after a year or so hiatus.

Which leaves me to a question I gave up finding an answer for in the patch updates logs. Hoping you guys can answer. I used to rely heavily on getting a slave empire going but playing the latest version this entire strategy is buried behind needing to find the man with the golden suit in a mission, and interrogating him for the "Glamour". Him, being the only one seemingly that can unlock it. Is this intended as a nerf to the slavery "tactic", or have I just somehow corrupted my X-Piratez files to cause an tech tree issue here? Just recently started using the Brutal XCom files to change some AI behaviour, and figured that could be the reason for a corruption, but I haven't been able to find the answer on the interwebs otherwise just yet.

Offline Vengos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: April 05, 2024, 05:39:17 pm »
hey, first post here. Loving this mod, and have played it off and on for a few years now. Just got back again after a year or so hiatus.

Which leaves me to a question I gave up finding an answer for in the patch updates logs. Hoping you guys can answer. I used to rely heavily on getting a slave empire going but playing the latest version this entire strategy is buried behind needing to find the man with the golden suit in a mission, and interrogating him for the "Glamour". Him, being the only one seemingly that can unlock it. Is this intended as a nerf to the slavery "tactic", or have I just somehow corrupted my X-Piratez files to cause an tech tree issue here? Just recently started using the Brutal XCom files to change some AI behaviour, and figured that could be the reason for a corruption, but I haven't been able to find the answer on the interwebs otherwise just yet.
Build Mess Hall to research glamour itself.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: April 05, 2024, 06:53:40 pm »
Thanks for the information. I'll give it a spin. I guess the same behavior applies to UAC Rifle, Niner's epulse ammo?

I'm not sure about those. Both of those guns have no shotgun choke value listed. It might not apply or it's value is 100% and that is why it's not listed. I'm leaning towards "it works exactly like a shotgun with 100% choke" option.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: April 05, 2024, 09:14:21 pm »
I want to say the game is great. Designer is brilliant.

But I feel like there is no point in shotgun scutter shots. Even with above 100% hit chance, more then half of pallets missing the target. (Which defeats the purpose of a shotgun - do tons of damage to an unarmored target.) So I end up always loading AP rounds even against an unarmored enemy. What about you guys? Do shotguns work for you?
this is addressed in one of the hint texts. the displayed %%tohit for a shotgun is the probability to hit with at least one pellet, not many or all.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: April 09, 2024, 03:19:08 pm »
Erm...how do you get through the Gate of Fear?

The mission says that you need to bring the Padlock along, which I did, but when I compelted it, I got no new reasearch or anything.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: April 09, 2024, 05:27:25 pm »
this is addressed in one of the hint texts. the displayed %%tohit for a shotgun is the probability to hit with at least one pellet, not many or all.

And even that is misleading, the %hit is not a probability, it is an accuracy 'score'. Higher is better, lower is worse, but it is NOT a % tohit. I feel that damned "%" sign has to be removed because it heaps a LOT of assumptions on the number next to it, mist of whuch are false.

In very simplified terms, it is not "% to hit", is is "% for the shot to take minimal deviation from the optimal calculated trajectory towards ANY visible voxel of an enemy, whereas by 'minimal deviation' is understood an arbitrarily small but non-zero value."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 05:37:18 pm by Iazo »

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: April 10, 2024, 01:18:02 pm »
In dojo training screen, there is plus button in upper right place of the screen. I wonder what does it do?

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: April 10, 2024, 01:26:26 pm »
When the bouton is toggled presented stats of your units will include bonuses from condemnations and other stat modifiers.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #9023 on: April 11, 2024, 01:39:01 pm »
Isn't it the option to start training as soon as the soldier is healed?

Offline MotherAce

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: April 14, 2024, 07:59:50 pm »
Before I go further down this rabbit hole trying to solve it myself; to possibly no use; are there a way of reliably intercepting and starting a mission against the on-foot patrols? Seems any kind of shots fired at them will instantly destroy, and they never(or extremely rarely) stop to smell the grass? I can't run into them using a hunt party or sumthin'? Are these ninjas just there for your early pilots to waste their precious MG ammo?

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: April 15, 2024, 07:15:03 pm »
The 100 knot ground contacts do not leave any ground mission. They are scouting for your base and the only thing you are supposed to do with them is blow into pieces.
The 90 knot ground contact is a necropirate party that will eventually "land" and generate a ground mission. Do not destroy. Chase and wait for landing.
After that all contact leave a wreck and ground mission to seize it.
There are some air contacts that again, just look for your base and can also intercept your crafts. But do not leave any ground mission and always blow up.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: April 16, 2024, 07:24:19 pm »
There's a few game features/changes that I wanted to talk about, but never quite found the time for.

1) The Freezing Cold was buffed in N3 - the HP damage limit was reduced from 208 to 142 COLD resist on the armor. The main issue I have with this is that afterwards no rebalancing of armor cold resistance has been done. Effectively this makes a lot of the early game armors redundant, because in the early game the players have no cold protection items, so they can't use them if they want to avoid the risk of taking HP damage in a random cold mission.
Here's a list of armors that were not taking HP damage from the cold before, but are taking HP damage now after the buff:
ADVENTURER, BLACKHAT, SAILOR, RUNT, SEDUCTRESS, FAIRY, BOSS, DURATHREAD, METAL, SEAR, CHAINMAIL, CHAINMAIL (S), PLATE MAIL, PLATE MAIL (S), SNIPER, BLITZ, TAC VEST, ASSASSIN, JUNKMASTER, REFRACTOR, SMOKEY, HERMIT, BERSERKER, MARTYR, NOVICE, WITCH, MAID, GRAVBALL, WHITE DRESS, RAGS, HYENA RIDER, THE HEROINE, PELTAST, PELTAST (S), CRUSADER, CRUSADER (S), PIRATE /SS, MILITIA, SCAVENGER, FUSILIER, STALKER, GLADIATRIX, MAID /PEA, THONG /BUG, CRYSTALSINGER, PUNK /LOK, PRISONER, PIRATE /CAT, MAID /CAT, UNIPUMA, SPACE TRAWELL SUIT, PEACEMAKER, CATICAL ARMOR
So what I'd like to ask is, to please review this list and consider if there's any armor that shouldn't be taking HP damage in the cold environments. I'd also like it if more armors automatically swapped in hot and cold environments.

2) Catgirls are overpowered. It's kinda sad how they're as good as Bugeyes with Voodoo, better than Ubers at melee, Better than Lokk'Naars at night vision and stealth, etc. Even if all their stat caps were reduced by 5, they'd still be top tier.
Oh and, the new Theban Catgirls? Either remove them or make them hard to get, like CHORT. Right now they're way too easy to get and it feels like a big slap in the face to all the players who put any effort into training their hands. All the effort players put in the first 90% of the game is made inconsequential if players can just buy overpowered supersoldiers. All the bonds captains create with their hands are but an irony because once you can produce these, everything else is trash.

3) Ogres, while not as OP as catgirls, I feel also need a few more drawbacks to get them down to the power level of ubers at least. For instance, it would make sense to reduce their VPWR to <25. There's not much incentive to use Slave Soldiers when Ogres are in game.

4) OnlyRunts was nerfed, making the profitability for this craft 43 per runt-hour, which is worse than 61 per runt-hour for Chateau de la Mort (or ~102 for Applenomics). What I wonder here is... was OnlyRunts supposed to be a way to make money? Or simply a way to make unlimited amount of Glamour? Because right now it doesn't make money heh. Which is funny because the one thing I'd expect Golden Codex to be good at was making money.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #9027 on: April 17, 2024, 10:02:18 pm »
Now, now, catgirls are cool and useful and cute, and I love them, but there's no way in hell I'd consider them on par with ubers, much less better. Sure, they have good vision and combat stats, but they're hard to compare with uber fighting machines who are just as killy and also: Just. Keep. Going.

Ogres are a more serious competition for Gals, and by this point I consider them essential. But I wouldn't say they're that much "better" than Gals.

In my opinion, only Synths are certainly better than Gals (though not in every task). Not counting Chorts and such.

Offline Vengos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: Today at 02:01:15 am »
I do agree that catgirl statwise just better than almost anyone and everyone, but we also need to take armour into consideration. I didnt look up difference between Gals and catgirls armour but i bet that it will make gals on par or even better than catgirls.