aliens

Author Topic: X-Piratez, with the Bay12 community  (Read 23247 times)

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
Re: X-Piratez, with the Bay12 community
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 10:53:28 pm »
That's good news! With that speed, it's not like it can act like much of an interceptor either.. So upping the transport is nice. If you have good enough gals and gear, it can replace the skyranger as it is faster, can down its own small shippings and carry the gals too.

It's a good thing because the skyranger is embarassing, also because I want a Kraken + 2 predator per base so I can down the bigger ships too.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 01:49:04 am »
Mar 2602, Non-Mexican stand off

Where mercs dies, again, and tanks fails to kill anyone yet destroy almost all the supplies.

Edit: Let's all take a moment to mourn the greatest lost in the latest pogrom.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:24:51 pm by Boltgun »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 07:41:34 pm »

:(

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 10:21:23 pm »
To honor the memory of the sexiest sniper gun in the world, the gals attacka  supply ship and get hit in the face with explosives too big for the clumsy AI to handle. Not my favorite times.

Mar 2602, And now... mini nukes!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 03:38:16 am »
Assaulting supply ships is a pain with all the gauss and baby nukes. I see a lot of church ones which I don't touch because there's chryssalids crawling in those. Traders ones look interesting for the power armor parts.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 08:58:44 pm »
Yes I especially despise baby nukes. I don't think the AI handles it well and that feels like random death.

New update: Apr 2602, Kraken and blunderbuss

Some research and the fasted attack I ever seen.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 09:15:30 pm »
@Baby Nukes: Hum.. they worked pretty well the few times the enemy used them against me. Killed one gal and fried a few others. The problem with it is the damage radius. The AI needs to see its target, which means being within 20 tiles, and the radius isn't much smaller than that, so you end up with them killing themselves too. I also think it values other AI units less than gals, but that sounds fair. Losing a gal for 3 enemies still sounds like I am on the loosing side of things.

@recent game: Nice work! Lots of progress again. How's that hunting laser working for you? I disliked the lack of scaling damage compared to some other hunting rifles, but I see Max is making good use of it :D

Also, did you not upgrade to the last version? There's some nice stuff there if you like blunderbusses :D

(And you might have missed it like I did, the Heavy Slugthrowers research also unlocks a Heavy Slugthrower gun, which is actually quite a nice one)

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 09:57:54 pm »
Ah, I'll trim the Bootypedia to find what I missed.

Also the previous time I saw baby nukes, the guards misfired twice and painted fire in funny angles around the ship's pillars (and himself).

Anyway the hunting laser is great. It's an upgraded version of the hunting rifle, it's precise and does not requires a lot of TU to hit with a power that is slightly over a lasgun. Great to cover the frontlines.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 10:20:35 pm »
Yes I especially despise baby nukes. I don't think the AI handles it well and that feels like random death.

You should despise it. It is specifically designed to be a random, unjust, cheap, and unfair death. Once you go after Supply Ships, gloves are off, man. If you try exploiting, better be serious about it, and prepare well.

Also, I'm streamlining the research tree, adding very cheap projects where there were automatic extra unlocks, so you have to research things like Heavy Slugthrower or Junk Pile separately, but it'll take 1 day or so, but you won't miss it.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 10:25:55 pm »
It's okay, I am preparing to exploit the exploits out. I mean, the heavy gauss are a nice touch so the guards got smoke grenades to their faces.

Now I need to unlock gauss cannon ammo again because I lost it. But I suppose that was not meant to get it so early, I only had put a toe into gauss weapons and I could make ammo for the cannons already.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 10:46:12 pm »
@Dioxine: Good news! I like the idea that every topic should unlock something useful, but the fact that the engine doesn't display automatically everything that's unlocked is annoying. Until they fix the engine, I think that's a good solution: Every research should only unlock one thing so it can be presented.

@Boltgun: How are you intending to exploit supply ships? I have an idea of sending lots of scout dogs/useless rookies with a few flying snipers with .. probably AC-HE which can be relatively accurate and the explosive ammo means they can't even hide in cover. Then a few witches to MC whatever is inside the enemy ship as soon as it is spotted.

It'll be an expensive endeavor for the frontlines, but gauss weapons, power armor parts (from those tasty trader supply ships) and baby nukes (especially for base defences  8)) are worth a few lives I'd say.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 09:53:56 am »
New update: Apr 2602, Where's the gold?

Losing a predator and wasting missiles on ships that do NOT transport any booty.  ;D

I'm taking it slowly atm because of christmas and also because of a new Dwarf Fortress version that provide the perfect content for the succubus mod.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 09:55:49 am by Boltgun »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »
Hah, now I get what you meant.

Why did you need to edit the save, again?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 10:31:28 pm »
My bet is he misspelled ARMORED in STR_GENERAL_STORES_ARMORED :P

niculinux

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2015, 06:01:59 pm »
Hey Blotgun, i've seen the game screenshots and seems you're using some kind of very heavy graphic filter, plase would you tell your options? Or at least post a screenshot of the setting you're using? I fear that my pc is not capable of support that, but i'd like to try anyway :) Whatever, thanks again!