Author Topic: Mod order of precedence  (Read 4717 times)

Offline pjlasl

• Captain
    • View Profile
Mod order of precedence
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:07:43 pm »
I began playing openxcom using build: " git 2015-06-21 18:09" with the following mods:

- xcom1
  - UFOextender_Starting_Avalanches
  - XcomUtil_Improved_Heavy_Laser
  - XcomUtil_Skyranger_Weapon_Slot
  - XcomUtil_Starting_Defensive_Improved_Base
  - LukesextraUFOs
  - TERRAIN PACK v3.7
  - Thunder
  - HQSounds 1.0
  - ImprovedHandObsPack1.2
  - CULT
  - anthropod_alien_1.5_OpenXcomMOD
  - gazer_alien_1.7_OpenXcomMOD

I have seen and love the new terrains, but I have yet to see new UFO (from luke's) or any of the new aliens.

Is there a order of precedence when these mods are loaded? Should I re-arrange them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Mod order of precedence
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:16:45 pm »
I began playing openxcom using build: " git 2015-06-21 18:09" with the following mods:

- xcom1
  - UFOextender_Starting_Avalanches
  - XcomUtil_Improved_Heavy_Laser
  - XcomUtil_Skyranger_Weapon_Slot
  - XcomUtil_Starting_Defensive_Improved_Base
  - LukesextraUFOs
  - TERRAIN PACK v3.7
  - Thunder
  - HQSounds 1.0
  - ImprovedHandObsPack1.2
  - CULT
  - anthropod_alien_1.5_OpenXcomMOD
  - gazer_alien_1.7_OpenXcomMOD

I have seen and love the new terrains, but I have yet to see new UFO (from luke's) or any of the new aliens.

Is there a order of precedence when these mods are loaded? Should I re-arrange them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, there's an order of precedence but the Terrain Pack doesn't change anything about the alienDeployments (which determine which UFOs are generated on the battlescape) or alienMissions (which determine the appearance of alien races), so it shouldn't be the cause of the missing UFOs/extraterrestrials.

Offline pjlasl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 10:05:46 pm »
So looking at the list above what would be your recommendation?

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 05:08:48 am »

Load order shouldn't make much difference. You should be seeing the new UFOs although I suppose there are not really any new UFO types since Luke's UFOs are mainly just rearrangements of the interiors of the existing UFOs. As for the new aliens, well both of the aliens introduced only show up in later months. Arthropods are mid game and Gazers late game. Even still, races are randomly selected for missions each month so its possible the game just never chose them. If you want to make sure then use the New Battle option in the main menu then click the race box to see if they are present.
The only problems I may see is the CULT mod since it's rather old and I don't know if its been updated to work with the newer versions of the game.

Offline pjlasl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:33:17 am »
Thanks for all the replies!

I found the issue with Luke's UFOs...

In the zip file he has everything contained inside a data directory (lukesUFO\data\....). I just moved everything out of the "data" folder (since i'm using the mod folder under Documents\OpenXcom\mods) to (lukesUFO\...) and everything is working like a champ!

Apparently this mod is still using the old folder structure that was recommended by updated here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3617.0.html

Love what has been done to the game to allow all this!

Keep up the good work!  :)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:08:49 pm by pjlasl »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 07:49:56 pm »
It's not necesary or anything, but I strongly recommend moving your user files to the OpenXCom folder to avoid confusion. Just create a "User" folder and move everything from Documents\OpenXcom there; the game will automatically use these files.

It's one of the very few games that don't force you to use some obscure folder on your system drive (where you probably want just your OS) for everything. I love our devs for that.