aliens

Author Topic: Makefile for Dingoo A320  (Read 31563 times)

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Makefile for Dingoo A320
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 12:32:02 am »
If your device doesn't support OpenGL, you can just define __NO_SHADERS to disable OpenGL code.

Unfortunately it did not work. I will follow the  Yankes suggestion and track down all OpenGL calls and then surrounding them with #ifdefs.

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 01:20:04 am »
Okay, it worked :)
 I still have some problems because the SDL_image provided on my toolchain does not supports lbm files...
Overall performance is very good, just shows slowness in battle map.

Thank you guys.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 01:58:08 am »
Good to know. :) If you want me to post any updated info or links in the Downloads page for your port, let me know.

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »
Thank you!

I don't know if my build is good enough for a release, maybe a video ;)

I'll keep testing.

Offline Wild Penguin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2013, 11:21:23 am »
Hi Shin-NiL!

How is it going with the OpenXCom port for GCW-Zero?

I was thinking about taking a look at it, and maybe see if we can get it to a releaseable state. You might want to share your work so we don't need to do the same work. If you don't want to make it public jet, pm me.

I need to state though, I'm not a programmer (though I may be able to learn some, if I have time) so probably we'll need some external help in some parts. From the top of my head, for a release to GCW-zero we'll need:

1) Disable all display filters and resolution changes (this device has only a 320x240 display, so they are useless - well, in the future it will also have HDMI support, so in a later release, maybe they could be re-enabled... the newest firmware already does have openGL capabilities).

2) We need some kind of virtual keyboard for A) Save game naming (or, we could workaround this by auto-naming; the saves already have the in-game time stamped on them, so naming is no obligatory. Maybe we could have at least GEOSCAPE or BATTLESCAPE as an autoname?) and B) Base naming and C) (optional) soldier naming. Most of the game works without a keyboard, but some parts do use it.

3) The current d-pad emulation of the mouse on the GCW-zero is borderline-unusable (at least it is not comfortable). We need to A) wait for GCW-Zero devs to tell us if there is a analog-nub mouse emulation planned (I'd presume it is, it's just more work than the D-pad one, which is why it is not done yet) or B) Make the cursor moveable by an analog joystick in OpenXcom.

3) (OPTIONAL / lesser priority) We could make a sensible default bindings for some of the keys - but the UI already enables users to make their own in any case.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2013, 06:15:34 pm »
2) We need some kind of virtual keyboard for A) Save game naming (or, we could workaround this by auto-naming; the saves already have the in-game time stamped on them, so naming is no obligatory. Maybe we could have at least GEOSCAPE or BATTLESCAPE as an autoname?) and B) Base naming and C) (optional) soldier naming. Most of the game works without a keyboard, but some parts do use it.
The Dingoo port added an "arcade-style keyboard" (D-Pad for typing letters) which is enabled by setting "keyboardMode: 1" in the options.cfg. Maybe it would be useful for the GCW-Zero too?

Offline Shin-NiL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2013, 06:58:16 pm »
Hello Wild Penguin.

Some months ago zear from GCW-Zero team asked me about my OpenXCom port. I said him that I had no free time to continue the work at that moment, as I was working on another projects. So I sent him my latest working code, as he told me he will work on that. Since then, I don't know how is his progress. Maybe you could try to contact him on dingoonity.org

Anyway, if you like to take a look, here's the files: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5789679/OpenXcom-copy.tar.bz2

As SupSuper has said, the "arcade-style keyboard" is already working for name entry on GCW-Zero, the critical part there is the battle scene poor performance and the need of a proper mouse emulation through analog stick.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 03:52:41 am »
zear is also a member here and you can sometimes find him in IRC too.

Btw I've fixed the __NO_OPENGL flag so you can use it to completely disable OpenGL for devices that don't support it, since it's only needed for display filters anyways.