aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3684986 times)

Offline Riph

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99E.3 - 21 Dec - Dead in Space 3
« Reply #3900 on: January 07, 2017, 01:47:15 am »
linux origami smg
I'm a fan of the linux origami.  But for me the lack of reaction fire sinks it.  Near as I can tell, it's hard-coded that you can never reaction fire a gunbutt.

When I post a guard at a UFO door, I want him piling up unconscious bodies, not dead ones.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: January 07, 2017, 01:55:19 am »
that is a point but after a certain point in the game +/- the few boobs that clear the door just prior to breaching don't matter much. A few low quality slaves lost is sorta meh. Anyone actually valuable for research at that point can withstand mid 40s base dmg reaction fire.

Offline Arekusandoru

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: January 07, 2017, 02:01:01 am »
Guys! It's Jan 2602 and I've finally realized that the codex research is not checked as completed (in the quick search) and there is no codex item in my vault. What can I do??? I can't research any of Bonaventura variants and other stuff that depends on the codex. I don't want to drop a game where I spent dozens of hours just because of some weird bug.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: January 07, 2017, 02:03:55 am »
Did you start a use drill project and cancel it? Also check the 'all 'bases' item list from the hideout info screen, look for either a codex or a tiny drill.  If you can't find either, you may need to add it to your save.

Offline Arekusandoru

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: January 07, 2017, 02:09:41 am »
Did you start a use drill project and cancel it? Also check the 'all 'bases' item list from the hideout info screen, look for either a codex or a tiny drill.  If you can't find either, you may need to add it to your save.
It was long ago, I don't remember, may be I did it accidentally... Yes, I checked all bases. How can I add an item to my save or where can I get the instruction?

upd.: I've managed to add to my save, thx for the reply anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:15:03 am by Arekusandoru »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3905 on: January 07, 2017, 02:40:03 am »
It was long ago, I don't remember, may be I did it accidentally... Yes, I checked all bases. How can I add an item to my save or where can I get the instruction?

Sure, I'll tell you what to do in 10 easy steps. I don't know how computer literate you are, so I'll be as specific as I can. If I'm too slow, don't take it personally.

1. Open your save in a text editor. Make a backup copy of a save you want to edit.

2. Open your save in a text editor. (Notepad++ is fine, EditPad is fine; your average Notepad should be fine too, but I've never been brave enough to try it. We're hackers, not idiots.)

3. Search for something like this:
Code: [Select]
    items:Make sure that there are exactly 4 spaces in front of the "items:" string! No more, no less. Get it?

4. Right under this "items:" thingy you have a list of items in this particular base (Yes, we're looking at raw data for one of your bases! We hackers now!). This list looks for example like this:

STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS: 226
      STR_ALIEN_ENTERTAINMENT: 5
      STR_KNIFE: 2
      STR_YOUR_SOUL: 1
      STR_STUFF_YOU_FORGOT_YOU_HAVE: 27
      STR_PRAISE_STAR_GODS: 1
      STR_ETERNAL_IS_THEIR_RULE: 1

Of course this list may differ, depending on what you have.

5. Time to hack your save hard! Make a new line somewhere between these lines. Don't damage anything that is in there, just place your cursor at the end of any of these lines and press Enter, okay?

6. We're deep hacking by now. Listen carefully: this is the moment where you need to do some manual stunts. Sounds frightening, I know, but relax. When you are ready, press Space bar 6 times. Not 5, and not 7, but 6, and 6 is the number. Got it?
And God forbid if you use Tab instead of proper spaces - then you're toast, man. Gone forever to the land of script kiddies and failed hackers. So don't do it, bro.

7. All right, time to do what we're here for - add the Tiny Drill to your vaults! Stay where you are, focus on your cursor (which should be right after six Space characters), and type this:

STR_TINY_DRILL: 1
8. Check your status. This is what you should be seeing, more or less:

items:
      STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS: 226
      STR_TINY_DRILL: 1
      STR_ALIEN_ENTERTAINMENT: 5
etc.

(As mentioned before, your items may vary.)

Make sure you have the right amount of space characters, so all your items in this base are lined up together nicely. Yes, it's that important.

8. All clear? Good! Save your file, close the program.

9. Start the game, load your save, check your bases - one should have the drill in stores.

10. PROFIT!!!

Note: yes, you can add other items using this method. I take no responsibility for anything that might happen. Honestly, bad idea.

If you have further questions, go ahead and ask.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:44:08 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: January 07, 2017, 04:21:39 am »
In addition to Scorch's tip, best to use Notepad++ as it has an excellent feature to quickly spot errors.

In Notepad++, click on Language and select YAML. Now that boring all black text turns into a bunch of colours. That is fine as long as red isnt one of the colours. Remember red not orange.

Orange is for values of fields. You see red text - Know that you messed something up!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: January 07, 2017, 04:30:59 am »
I personally hate Notepad++ because it keeps making indentations that I don't want. But to each their own - it's certainly a valid program.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: January 07, 2017, 06:34:37 am »
Posts like that are why we enjoy having Solar on these forums. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: January 07, 2017, 03:39:16 pm »
Posts like that are why we enjoy having Solar on these forums. :)

Well, it's a rare occurrence when I can actually give advice on IT stuff instead of asking for it, so I'm trying to make the most of it. :)

And just to stay on topic: are Reaper Riders going into the next release? :)

Offline Arekusandoru

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: January 08, 2017, 12:00:22 am »
Sure, I'll tell you what to do in 10 easy steps. ...
Whoa, dude  ;D Thnx for the reply but there was no need for such an essay here. I just opened my savefile, it turned out that it's a text file, searched for Hellerium (nothing) and then for Elerium, found the string where the number is equal to the number of Hellerium on the base - voilĂ ! That is the section I need.

Offline DarkerDark

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: January 08, 2017, 05:56:54 am »
Thanks for the savefile edit explanation, Solarius. I accidentally destroyed my hull and tiny drill by cancelling the manufacturing process. The mod starts you off with 30 workshop space, but using the tiny drill on the hull needs 30 space exactly, so you can start the process before realizing you can't actually assign any runts to it because of lack of space. Cancelling the production destroys the materials involved.

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: January 08, 2017, 06:54:10 am »
Items being wasted by cancelling research or craft is very stupid design solution, imho.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: January 08, 2017, 11:20:00 am »
Items being wasted by cancelling research or craft is very stupid design solution, imho.

1/ items are NOT wasted when cancelling research

2/ items are wasted when cancelling (already started) manufacturing project.... which makes perfect sense... if you're cooking let's say an apple pie and you're 99% finished, stopping won't give you apples, flour, water and baking powder back in real life either.

Offline Arekusandoru

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: January 08, 2017, 12:58:37 pm »
I think there should be a huge disclaimer/reminder, at least when you're trying to assign a project with unique items like Menacing Hull, Tiny Drill, Codices and etc. It is rather easy to lose it without any intention.