Author Topic: Bugs & Crash Reports  (Read 1466194 times)

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Crash Reports
« Reply #4485 on: April 01, 2024, 10:52:06 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a crash to desktop while in Geoscape and just passing time. Can't make sense of the message error: " fatal error has occurred: vector::_M_range_check: __n (which is 7) >= this->size() (which is 5)".

Latest save & log file in attachment.

Thanks to all the people involved in the development of this brilliant Mod!
I've had this happen to me once before as well. I don't know why it happened, but I do have a solution:

Open up the save in a text editor and search for "missionSiteZone: 7". There's only one instance of it in this save. Replace it with "missionSiteZone: 4".

That fixed the issue when I tried it on this save and prevented the crash.

Offline Edgar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: April 01, 2024, 08:02:48 pm »
I've had this happen to me once before as well. I don't know why it happened, but I do have a solution:

Open up the save in a text editor and search for "missionSiteZone: 7". There's only one instance of it in this save. Replace it with "missionSiteZone: 4".

That fixed the issue when I tried it on this save and prevented the crash.

Thanks, it worked like a charm!

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: April 06, 2024, 12:59:11 pm »
In my current playthrough I chose "?Dr. X? Prank her" and "?Gudrun the Knight?" path, which appears to be the most developed path currently.
This path allows you to fight humanists on the moon. Once I beat "Black Sun Outpost" I researched acquired "Black Sun Orders". Text said:
STR_BLACK_SUN_ORDERS_UFOPEDIA: "{NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}'The Leader Project has entered its critical phase. The Super Aryan, Otto Zander, walks amongst us! However, we still need more Glitterdust to pull him to our side of the portal at the Temple. Once this is done the Moon will be ours, and then, the whole world! Nothing can resist the purity and the concentrated power of the Super Aryan manifested in Humanity's greatest living warrior. Intensify the Glitterdust extraction, for we cannot fail so close to the hour of victory!'{NEWLINE}(-500 score)"
"Very strange text" - I thought at the first time, but now I am confident, that this is a bug. More appropriate text should be:
STR_GDX_132_UFOPEDIA: "The Black Sun orders allowed us to crack some of Humanist communication codes. Now it's only a question of time before we locate their HQ and stop their 'Leader Project'. Whatever it is, it's likely something we will not like a bit."
but this text i already used elsewhere.
And it looks like currently there is no such mission after the victory in "Blacksun High Temple"...  :-[

Offline peonpenpen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: April 09, 2024, 11:05:20 pm »
Hi everyone,
I followed the glorious parh of the peasant revolution but could not recruit the basic revolutionary peasant: it did not show up in the recruitment options, despite the "advanced" revolutionary girl guide showing up
I tweaked the settings for revolutionary_girl recruitment in piratez.rul and removed the glamour requirement and I could recruit them fine
Also, I had glamour in stock, so it should have worked

That is all,
Thank for this great game!

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: April 10, 2024, 09:14:54 am »
Looks like you haven't researched glamour yet.

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: April 10, 2024, 01:08:26 pm »
I've updated OXCE to 7.12 on my Android. Now dogs live in barracks and I have two Pirate princess
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:19:29 pm by minimen »

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: April 10, 2024, 01:27:32 pm »
Works as intended. The "free" dogs are removed. All live in barracks and can be trained now.
I hope it'll eventually be done to werewolf's and other units as well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:29:21 pm by Ultimoos »

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: April 10, 2024, 01:45:11 pm »
Works as intended.
Dogs trained? They look pretty expandable for me. Also piratin' tips says there is can be one pirate princess only - I have two.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: April 10, 2024, 02:15:36 pm »
It says there can be only one pirate queen, not princess. And even that is not quite as cut and dry, if you manage to bring some back from the dead.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: Today at 02:14:05 am »
Error in Piratez_Factions.rul, Line 8982:
AUX_NAUGHTY_TENTACLE -> damageAlter -> duplicate key ToWound

Manufacturing Gnome Shielded SWJ (STR_GNOME_COMBAT_JACKET_SHIELDED) requires a... Sectoid Corpse (STR_SECTOID_CORPSE). I don't think those are obtainable.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:35:18 am by Delian »