Author Topic: Mods tested on OpenXcom 1.0 on Linux (compiled xubuntu 12.04 build)  (Read 61538 times)

niculinux

This is a little thread to keep community informed on mods tha worked and did not work for me, usin the OpenXcom 1.0 verison compiled on an italian xubuntu 12.04 based distro!!!  8) (the name is X-light mind)

I've linked all to the related thread on the forum here, for a quick view/reference, click on them:

Mods so far worked for me:

Alien Raid 0.2 (WIP) (incorporated in Hobbes Terrain Pack)
Alien Armoury expanded and Alien armoury expandend UFO (both 1.3.3.)
Armored vest 1.2 (variation of Ryskeliini's Combat Armor Mod)
Clips for laser weapons
Combat Armor
Chiko's Laser Weapons news Gfx (v1.1)
Heavy Machine Gun
Equal terms mod 1.03
Heat-ray weapons (v1.01) (but not tested the power glove)
Hobbes Terrain Pack (tested version 1.9.3 but it'soutdated and currently not avaiable anymore, at the  moment  last 1.0 supposed compatibility are 1.5 and 2.5.2, users still may get these respectively here and here, but support is discarded)
[CRAFT] Improved Interceptor
Men in Black 3.3
[The Final Mod Pack] Firerms Compilation 1.7.6b (not final)
Laser Reskin Mod
Magnum .44
[RULES] Modest Rebalance
M-79 Grenade Launcher
Kappa wepons (2.0)
Piratez mod (0.9j is the last version compatible with 1.0 ox, the mod is ditched in favor of Piratex Extended, the ones compatible with 1.0 linux are from 0.75 up  to 0.88)
Raven interceptor v.1.0
Shotgun and  reinforced shotgun
[CRAFT] Sentinel class interceptor
Single Shot Rocket Launcher (SSRL)
Tyrian's nick mod (elerium mace, mass accellerator weapons, thunderstorm graphic replacement, firestorm graphic replacement
Viper Assault Cannon (v.1.0)
YetMoreUFOSs (0.6)
Solar's new UFOs (0.6d)

Mods so far do not not worked for me:

Cover alien 1.9u and Gazer alien 1.2u (Man in Black included mod seemed to be ok)
Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor
Kiryu-Kai Mod (21/05/2014)
[The Final Mod Pack] Vessels part (21/06/2014)
Submachinegun
Light Machine Gun
Firerms Compilation 1.7.3. (outdated and not anymore avaiable, probably incorporated into final mod pack)
Machine pistol(v2)
Railgun 1.0
Ryskeliinis guns n gadgets 1st pack (both 1.0 and 1.1 versions) (formerly an unamed mod)
Tazer Pistol

As soon i'll have time/strengh/will gotta keep this updated, for your consideration!!  ;D

At the time I'm writing (17/06/2014) actually Combat armor does work, but In the map sprites are quite rendered well.(See related thread)  and so and so armored vest 1.2
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 05:58:51 pm by niculinux »

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mods tested on OpenXcom 1.0 on Linux (compiled xubuntu 12.04)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:46:54 pm »
Code: [Select]
('the case sensitive test of dir/file path failed', 'extraSprites', 'FLOOROB.PCK', 87, 'Resources/Submachinegun/floorob_clip.gif', 'Resources/Submachinegun/floorob_Clip.gif', 'totest/smg/Ruleset/SMG.rul')
('the case sensitive test of dir/file path failed', 'extraSounds', 'BATTLE.CAT', 55, 'Resources/Submachinegun/Sounds/fire.wav', 'Resources/Submachinegun/Sounds/Fire.wav', 'totest/smg/Ruleset/SMG.rul')
at least the submachinegun has filenames/paths without consideration of case sensitive filenames in unix/linux filesystems
i am not inclined to test the other mods myself but such errors are frequent

niculinux

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »
Thanks Flako! Please, I beg the authors of the mods to take some more tests on linux distribution, since i really don't want to mess up  :'( :-*

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 11:14:02 pm »
Thanks Flako! Please, I beg the authors of the mods to take some more tests on linux distribution, since i really don't want to mess up  :'( :-*

Both of these weapons are in the Firearms Compilation. Which I think is fixed in this department, but I will check again.

niculinux

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 11:45:26 pm »
Both of these weapons are in the Firearms Compilation. Which I think is fixed in this department, but I will check again.

Thanks Solarius Scorch. Since the 1.7.6b version  actually works I'd suppose it's a problem of uppercased letters. So, if I'm correct, I'd strongly advice mod authors ti use only lowercase letters, to ensure mods compatibility with linux. Thanks again Solarous, youre my hero!!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:51:46 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 11:57:40 pm »
Thanks Solarius Scorch. Since the 1.7.6b version  actually works I'd suppose it's a problem of uppercased letters. So, if I'm correct, I'd strongly advice mod authors ti use only lowercase letters, to ensure mods compatibility with linux. Thanks again Solarous, youre my hero!!!

No problem :) I should thank you too, I wasn't aware of the problem.

By the way, I tried fixing Alien Armoury Expanded. Can you please redownload it and check again?

niculinux

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:07:25 am »
No problem :) I should thank you too, I wasn't aware of the problem.

Don't mention it!!  :-*

By the way, I tried fixing Alien Armoury Expanded. Can you please redownload it and check again?

Still no way:

Sry, I need a break now. I'm really sad to see I'm the only linux game user here  :'(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:19:19 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 12:31:41 am »
Thanks!!

Still no way:

Now should be fine.

niculinux

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:06 am »
Now should be fine.

YES!

OK please, somwone may want to fix the armor mods above tested? Thanks!

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Mods tested on OpenXcom 1.0 on Linux (compiled xubuntu 12.04 build)
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 02:26:36 am »
fix should be to replace colour 0 in the sprite palettes with transparency, i get the feeling the problem is something to do with the palette recolouring for skin/hair, but i've no clue what it is.

niculinux

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 09:09:03 pm »
fix should be to replace colour 0 in the sprite palettes with transparency, i get the feeling the problem is something to do with the palette recolouring for skin/hair, but i've no clue what it is.

OK, let's hope the mod authors will fix that!. In the meantime, may ask for this topic to be sticky, please?

niculinux

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 11:28:53 pm »
Hey, the topic's gone sticky, thank  you!!! Now, I'll sit back and wait for openTFTD...  :o ;D

Offline HappyCat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 01:06:40 pm »
I witnessed simillar bugs trying to use armor mods on android and I think it might be related, given the background of OS.
So more of compatible mods are welcome here too)

niculinux

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 10:46:17 pm »
I witnessed simillar bugs trying to use armor mods on android and I think it might be related, given the background of OS.
So more of compatible mods are welcome here too)

I'd add in the meantime I'll try to have a ride with modes here on the forum and update first post ;)

Offline sterbond

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 02:34:26 pm »

I am seeing this issue too on Linux.  I was able to "fix" it in Sniper-Rifle mod by putting the separated sprites from folder to one indexed file and that works fine.  So it looks like some issue with sorting under Linux.