aliens

Author Topic: [UFO MAPS] Luke's Extra UFOs (52 working maps!)  (Read 76965 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: [UFO MAPS] Luke's Extra UFOs (52 working maps!)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 10:25:05 pm »
I haven't come across larger UFOs with this mod, but you could wait for turn 20 so the aliens can come down.

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 03:36:17 am »
Fixed. Extract this into your OpenXCom/data folder. I'll update the main post too.

Thanks for testing this, LouisdeFuines. I found 4 maps where this occurred, all abductors. I scoured for more instances on other ships, but there were none. I gave you some credit in the readme.  :)

Tried a ruleset fix for it, but ended up fixing the 4 maps directly. Easier.

EDIT: This tiny file is pretty much obsolete now. I've removed it, as it's already included in the mod.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:07:54 am by TurkishSwede »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 04:56:57 am »
Cool! Thanks mate! I had one crash-Site from a medium-sized ship that gave me a Examination room. at first I was scratching my head wondering where it came from, but I forgot that I have this mod lol. I hope you're playing Luke's Expanded Terror maps mod with this, it's invigorating.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 05:19:16 am »
maybe you can do a really difficult mars maps, its my dream

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 03:10:11 pm »
I found a very tiny bug in one Terror Ship: a tile that looks open but can't be walked onto.

Some recent build apparently broke the screenshot mechanism, but you can still see what I mean (the one with the cursor on it).

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 03:29:22 pm »
The screenshot is messed up...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 03:50:19 pm »
The screenshot is messed up...

I know. :P

Some recent build apparently broke the screenshot mechanism

Offline DarkDefender

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 07:34:06 pm »
I would just like to point out that 3 files in this mod pack doesn't match up with what is written in the ruleset.
This currently breaks loading of the data files on linux and mac (probably everything else than windows).

The files in question are: ox_ufo2c.rmp ufol83.pck ufol83.tab
In the ruleset they are defined as: ox_ufo2c.RMP UFOL83.PCK UFOL83.TAB

I see there is a lot of mixed case going on in the file names. I would suggest to have all the files in lowercase instead to avoid file loading problems in the future.

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 08:17:33 pm »
@Solarius: Crap, I was afraid of something like that in my vanillafying. Each terror ship has 8 entertainment, and my attempts to hide the other 2 on that model is apparently what got in your way. I didn't think putting an extra one in the content slot there would be a big deal. I shall have to find another place to hide them. Update soon.

DarkDefender: I was aware of some of the case discrepancies in the ruleset, but unaware of their impact. Is lower case file names preferable on Mac and Linux, or are they just very case sensitive?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:19:27 pm by TurkishSwede »

Offline DarkDefender

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 09:31:54 pm »
DarkDefender: I was aware of some of the case discrepancies in the ruleset, but unaware of their impact. Is lower case file names preferable on Mac and Linux, or are they just very case sensitive?

Lower case file names are preferable on Mac and Linux. You can still keep the files with mixed case if you want to. But then you will have to be very careful so that you don't have typos in the ruleset. If all files were in lower case it would be easy to spot case typos and no silliness like UfOIl.PcK can occur.

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 09:48:10 pm »
I fixed the terror ships and changed all the file names to lowercase, everything I could, and changed the ruleset for consistency. Posted here, and I'll update main post too. EDIT: Main Post Updated; not posted here anymore.

As for the .PCK .TAB and .MCD files, they aren't referenced directly in the ruleset as lower or upper case, but they were inconsistent on the file end, so I made all the terrain data uppercase where I could.

Looks like this now:

UFOL83.PCK etc
ox_ufo2a.MAP (all maps have .MAP)
ox_ufo2a.RMP (all routes have .RMP)

Edit for clarity: The terrain data is directly referenced in the ruleset as all caps, just not those specific file types, and terrain data uses all of those three types of file.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:01:32 pm by TurkishSwede »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 09:55:16 pm »
Mac and Linux are completely case-sensitive. OpenXcom tries to compensate but if you control the files, you might as well make the names consistent between the files and the rulesets (doesn't matter for IDs though).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 11:08:00 pm »
@Solarius: Crap, I was afraid of something like that in my vanillafying. Each terror ship has 8 entertainment, and my attempts to hide the other 2 on that model is apparently what got in your way. I didn't think putting an extra one in the content slot there would be a big deal. I shall have to find another place to hide them. Update soon.

I know it's probably an obvious solution, but how about just building walls around them? You technically still could destroy them and get there, but then you won't have to hide the component - it's just not visible normally.

As for the screenshot issue, it's been fixed in the latest build - thanks Warboy.

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 11:33:19 pm »
The problem is that Content is on top of the tile as viewed in game, so I had to hide them behind other content. (did that make sense?)

Put another way: If I try to hide the entertainment tile behind a wall, by simply putting it in the content slot there, it would be totally visible through the wall, and that part of the wall would be unable to be walked by. I had to put them behind a wall that already looks like it has something on it. Like, say, those data panels..

Quick Edit: Wait, oh, ha. I get what you're saying now. I just didn't want to modify the layout to accommodate for the extras, easier to hide it I think. (The general idea is that half the room is also entertainment walls, it's just not visible from our perspective of the game. Always amounts to 8 for loot value though.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:39:37 pm by TurkishSwede »

Offline TurkishSwede

• Captain
  • Thou art God!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 08:39:10 am »
Crap I missed a set of capitals in the ruleset. Fixed that. Hope this fix comes in time to save some people from a crash trying to attack a harvester..

First and later posts updated, sorry for any glitches.

EDIT: Everything is in first post.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:02:18 pm by TurkishSwede »