Author Topic: Gearing up for a 1.0 Run Registration Now open!!!!!  (Read 15198 times)

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
Gearing up for a 1.0 Run Registration Now open!!!!!
« on: March 18, 2014, 02:18:59 am »
I want to thank all of you for your suggestions and support. With my last run through winding down I am gearing up for a run using 1.0.

My decision to run through 1.0 instead of doing Mods is because 1.0 will feature a bunch of MODS anyhow + that is what everyone will be wanting to see. I will still try to get the mods in there if and when possible!

Registration for 1.0 XCOM Build is now open. If you want to be in post here!

Open X Com. 09 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdRzyg_rQbgvGP8Ba_tH9qCVW9NnpdCF6

Open X Com GIT 2014 - 03 - 31- 02:06 Nightly build https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdRzyg_rQbgu_EZx8SFCRmLD_D3xDupOm From episode 10+
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:28:07 am by Jstank »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: JSTANK LP SEASON II
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:20:12 am »
oh man... you HAVE to update to the latest nightly
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:30:59 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: JSTANK LP SEASON II
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:21:14 am »
Thank you I have finally got the nightly build to work. The only glitch I have encountered is a grenade glitch in which my previous load file will auto prime all the grenades that were in the mission. I fixed the glitch by unequipping the grenades then re equipping the grenades. You still have to be careful though because if you prime a grenade in the base inventory screen Im pretty sure it will go off as soon as you launch the mission. Otherwise this is awesome... way better than the .9 version.. It def has fixed the reaction fire problem I was having before. Its soooo much nicer to play when your squad actually has a reaction fire. I feel like If I die now its because it was my own damn fault and not a cheap game mechanic. it is playable and I can continue my previous lets play in the latest build. Thank you for the suggestion!

Open X Com GIT 2014 - 03 - 31- 02:06 Nightly build

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdRzyg_rQbgu_EZx8SFCRmLD_D3xDupOm From episode 10 +

PS. I turned ranged based accuracy back on... MOTHER OF GOD.. no really its a lot better.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 07:03:51 am by Jstank »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: JSTANK LP SEASON II NIGHTLY BUILD ENABLED!!!!! HORRAY!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »
Damn, I'm late to the party. I prefer watching let's plays as they're released. Next time count me in as an Operative.

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:24:26 am »
Never Fear Sir. there will be a season 3! I will also be loading up some mods to showcase as well. Count yourself as part of X Com

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 08:31:23 pm »
Yahoo, ok :)

When you put up your first video, could you list the mods you'll be using? I'd like to see which ones you decided to roll with. This way, I'll know, as I'm watching your LP, they're compatible with each other and so on. Also put on the title Heavily Modded X-COM or something, so people find out X-COM UD can be modded. You're one of the few people who do Let's plays for OXC, so I always hope when people find your videos to see wtf is OXC, they'll take interest and swing by the forums.

Btw, if you want to change the music, it's simple to do. The harder part is finding what to replace it with. I have a mixture of XCOM2012 tracks and some decade old classics. I hope they'll soon let us add music for specific aliens and maps, so I can add ambient sounds to each one, like Jungle sounds in Jungle maps, and so on. For Chryssalids in Terror-Sites, I want to make a track with military radio chatter going from "Area secure" to "We're taking heavy losses!!" and finally to "ATTENTION ALL GROUND PERSONNEL, WE ARE FALLING BACK TO A DEFENSIVE LINE ALONG THE RIVER OUR BACKS TO THE WATER TO MAKE A FINAL STAND... ONE SINGLE DIRECTION." and so on. I had one made awhile back, but I don't know where I put the darn file. Took me a few hours to make, it was fun.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:57:49 pm by Mr. Quiet »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 11:04:23 am »
Mr Quiet. I really want to do a mod lp of xcom but im having trouble installing them. After you download the file where does it go and how do you install it

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »
(generally speaking) unzip the mod to your \openxcom\data\ folder, then enable it from the in-game menu.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 02:49:58 pm »
Some mods don't keep the necessary file structure and you need to put them there yourself. Here's how it works:

A mod is generally composed of two parts:
1) Ruleset, a single file which adds or changes new elements,
2) Resources, which are graphics and sounds. (Sometimes there's none, if the mod is purely data-based and doesn't introduce new graphics and such - for example something that gives more money to X-Com wouldn't need any resources, but something that introduces a new gun would.)

The ruleset is a file with a .rul extension which has to go to the openxcom/data/ruleset folder.
The resources are a folder, sometimes with subfolders, which has to go to the openxcom/data/resources folder.

After copying both to to the right location, remember to enable the mod in your game menu under "Mods".

Finally, always read the readme file, if the mod has it. Some mods don't have one (bad modder! bad!), but luckily they're rare.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 02:52:45 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 12:16:22 am »
thank you all for your wonderful advice. I am now starting to put the mods in my game. So far I have the extra ufo maps and commendations.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 12:18:27 am »
thank you all for your wonderful advice. I am now starting to put the mods in my game. So far I have the extra ufo maps and commendations.

The commendations mod is kinda special, as it has its own exe file... But anyway, good luck :)

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 07:21:09 am »
Yeah I have the commendations mod installed but it seems to not do anything

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Gearing up for a 1.0 Run Registration Now open!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 12:40:22 pm »
Did you replace the .exe? Did you turn on the mod in the Mods sections? Is the button visible in the Soldier Info screen, and does it say "STR_DIARY" or "Record"?

Those are some common oversights and symptoms :3

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 02:01:16 pm »
When *I* replaced the .exe, the game wouldn't even start. :P

It wasn't a game crash; I just got a standard Windows message that the application couldn't be executed.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 04:17:16 pm »
You need to extract the DLLs folder to the same place as the .exe. For whatever reason, when I compile OXC you need to do that, but from Github you don't.

That's detailed in the readme I have included! ;)

If it still doens't work, let me know. Wouldn't be much of a mod if I can't share it!