Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750435 times)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.87 - 25 Feb - THE ZEPPELINS
« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2015, 02:39:20 pm »
Got it. Posted the problem into a Troubleshooting subforum.
Had to remove 2 Cyberdiscs (both caused the same problem) by editing save file, and around five test turns later there is no crashes. Hope I can keep playing now.

edit:
it's an error in the RMP files of the mod, note that node 119 is linked to node 120, which doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:14:57 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2015, 06:30:17 pm »
Dioxine, I got a request, a non-humble feature request :)

Hit animation for Stun Rod.
As of now there is no way to deduct if Stun Rod`s hit connected or not. Other melee weapons got a distinct SFX on hit, while Stun Rods do not.
I does not have to be a custom made one, there is one in Tazer pistol mod (although it`s ranged), and, I think, XenoOperations Stun Rod has one (I do not really remember though).

Also would it be possible to change mission order, and make first missions involve tourist ships and traders transports?
reason: starting is hard. At least there are guys with Magnums on tourist ships and people could research up to Handcannon sooner. Also an extra reason to utilize a dozen of those starting Handles.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2015, 06:34:17 pm »
Hit animation for Stun Rod.
As of now there is no way to deduct if Stun Rod`s hit connected or not. Other melee weapons got a distinct SFX on hit, while Stun Rods do not. <snip>

According to WarBoy, the stunrod is hardcoded to Always hit.  Therefore no hitsound or indicator is necessary for the vanilla stunrod.  That said, I have no idea if Dioxine has altered this at all, in the Piratez mod.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 02, 2015, 06:40:48 pm »
According to WarBoy, the stunrod is hardcoded to Always hit.  Therefore no hitsound or indicator is necessary for the vanilla stunrod.  That said, I have no idea if Dioxine has altered this at all, in the Piratez mod.

In Piratez it`s a two handed weapon with 125% basic accuracy and is affected by operative melee skill, according to Bootypedia description.

By the way does it make a difference if I keep a second hand free when using a melee weapon with stats like that? Because I try to :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #649 on: March 02, 2015, 06:45:24 pm »
Heh.  I should have known. ;)  Of Course Dioxine would tweak it!  So yeah, your request for hit feedback makes sense. :)  As far as two-handed goes, I would guess that it does make a difference, but I don't know the details enough of two handed melee mechanics to be certain.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #650 on: March 02, 2015, 08:14:34 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, there was an omission with the Stun Rod indeed, it used to work (shoddily) in October 2014 but no longer does. Fixed and will be updated in the next version.

Sadly, wielding an off-hand weapon only influences the accuracy of 2-h ranged weapons, not melee weapons. I could make a feature request for that (as it seems logical), but... the Devs are very busy right now and I don't want to pester them with such a minor detail.

As for missions - this and much more will be possible once the TFTD mission support will be added (which is soon), we'll see what we can do then. Nowadays we're stuck with what we have - I plan to add more easy-plunder missions, but it's all up to the Gods of Random. It's impossible to tweak mission chances on montly basis, so you're as likely to get a Mercenary Assignment on January, as you are 2 years later - sam goes for the Passengers Freight. And the first enemy mission in the game is *always* an Academy Daily Operation in the proximity of your base, due to hardcode (I actually like it, it teaches the player a lot)... but I agree that the difficulty could go lower after that... at least if you pick your targets smartly.

I'm planning to at least postpone the widespread appearance of stronger races (CoS, Mercs, Star Gods) till much later in the game (but you will be always able to encounter them in a race-specific mission or a knee-jerk Retal, even in January, if the Gods of Random really hate you).

Oh yeah, and the difficulty is intentional :) I don't want to ramp it up to a level where it takes away any fun... but just a notch lower would be ideal. :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 08:20:33 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 02, 2015, 11:21:44 pm »
Making melee attack use  twohand penalty is easy, only problem is question when it should be active? Always or only per weapon basis.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 02, 2015, 11:38:46 pm »
Got another "vector::_M_range_check error" on Terror mission Railroad terrain, now it`s a Reaper causing trouble.
According to this
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3410.msg39662.html#new
thread it`s something about Bonaventura.

Also when you jump down from Bonaventura roof (level4) on it`s ramp (level2) gals behave weird and do extra steps and stuff.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #653 on: March 03, 2015, 12:06:37 am »
Indeed the ventura.rmp looked weird, I guess that's what you get from changing 10x20 to 20x10 without touching the .rmp. Try with this one (openxcom/data/routes ; it'll be added to the next release), although it might not save the mission you're currently playing, it should help to avoid this problem in the future.

About the 2-h melee weapons, imo it should work just like with 2-h ranged weapons - a penalty to accuracy (15% afaik) if you wield a 2-h weapon and your other hand isn't empty.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 03, 2015, 11:15:26 am »
Indeed the ventura.rmp looked weird, I guess that's what you get from changing 10x20 to 20x10 without touching the .rmp. Try with this one (openxcom/data/routes ; it'll be added to the next release), although it might not save the mission you're currently playing, it should help to avoid this problem in the future.

About the 2-h melee weapons, imo it should work just like with 2-h ranged weapons - a penalty to accuracy (15% afaik) if you wield a 2-h weapon and your other hand isn't empty.

Thanks! Will try it out later today.
edit: about a 3rd terror in, everything is fine
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:47:36 pm by Ridаn »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 03, 2015, 09:21:45 pm »
Now I get a CTD on start of Crackdown/Retaliation mission. Got one with both Raiders and Mercs.
Game does not let me equip anything and goes from geoscape straight to desktop exact second hostile ufo touches my base.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #656 on: March 03, 2015, 11:21:53 pm »
Hmm could have to do with the mapscripts...??? Could you send me the offending save?

Also I HOPE you didn't upgrade to any post-February Nightly :)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 04, 2015, 12:35:47 am »
No, I didnt install a new nightly, I`m still on 2_22 one.
And I would happily send you a save, but while trying to reproduce that CTD I met some difficulties: those bastards just can`t find my base a 4th time in a row.
Tommorow I will try to make one, with Cruiser ramming my base on full speed, but have to go sleep now.

Offline Taberone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 04, 2015, 06:11:14 am »
Is it recommended to use this with "Extra Pockets" or "Quickdraw Slot"?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 06:35:13 am by Taberone »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #659 on: March 04, 2015, 08:29:06 am »
Is it recommended to use this with "Extra Pockets" or "Quickdraw Slot"?

Personally I consider the QD Slot cheating, TU 0 actions kinda don't sit well with me.

But personal opinion aside, the QD Slot mod was made for the noble purpose of making pistols less useless in XCom, and I can respect that. No need for that in Piratez, though, pistols are already quite important!

So, bottom line, there won't be mod conflict so feel free to use it if it floats your boat. To each their own.

In other news, here's a sneak peek of what I'm working on now... and the key phrase is "endgame":