Author Topic: Android Port (SDL2)  (Read 97510 times)

Offline Harpo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Android Port (SDL2)
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2015, 06:25:30 pm »
I installed the android app from the playstore last night.  It crashes when going into "battle mode" every time.  It's a Galaxy 10.1.  Is there already a way around this issue?  I am finding the messages on search to be somewhat confusing....  Thanks! 

Offline sfalexrog

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2015, 09:28:04 pm »
I installed the android app from the playstore last night.

Well, that's curious! Normally I'd just direct you to the "proper" Android thread, which is located here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2428.0.html, but would you please be so kind as to provide a link to that playstore? There's no OpenXcom in the Google Play Store as far as I know, and the version that's published anywhere but on this forum and the modsite is not known to me.

The problem is probably because of the wrong data/ruleset for the game, it's probably a really outdated version (the app has since been modified to include everything you need except for the original game data), so you should probably remove the version you got, get a recent build and try it out. Also, please PM me the .apk you got from that "playstore", I'd like to have a good look at it.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2015, 07:23:29 pm »
Well, that's curious! Normally I'd just direct you to the "proper" Android thread, which is located here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2428.0.html, but would you please be so kind as to provide a link to that playstore? There's no OpenXcom in the Google Play Store as far as I know, and the version that's published anywhere but on this forum and the modsite is not known to me.

I think he means XCOM as in the new XCOM not our beloved X-COM or OXC