aliens

Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.0  (Read 61724 times)

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.6
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2024, 07:56:23 pm »
How for the love of god you have 19m from council? I barely scrap by selling most of the stuff since i cant keep more than 30 scientists in July of 2021 and i just got x weapons

Note that this was almost two years ago. The mod has likely changed A LOT in the meanwhile. So I'm not sure if my earlier comment is still too relevant. (I haven't played the mod since; I'd personally prefer a mod that uses completely a fantasy setting. It is difficult for me to suspend the disbelief as there are 2000's guns and weapons available but they just don't work anymore.)

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
STUFFING TROPHY
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2024, 10:53:32 am »
How for the love of god you have 19m from council? I barely scrap by selling most of the stuff since i cant keep more than 30 scientists in July of 2021 and i just got x weapons
I have same , issue, may be  the earlier release was not so strict.
(huge difference make  a capturing of enemies ...  as much as you can .. you sell them for more and score more points so in the end  you my gain increased funding from countries)

An interesting mechanism could be STUFFING  TROPHY
   - required research of both autopsy  and living specimen
   - 3 types (
        small     animal  - rats, snakes, scorpions, fire fly
        medium animal  - werewolf, minotaur, naga  ..
        huge animals    -  worms, giants , ...
       )
   - manufactured in workshop for small fee ( 500$ - 1000$ ) and mediocre time (time: 200 - 400)
   - sold for 30 000 - 50 000$

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.0
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2024, 04:40:18 pm »
   - manufactured in workshop for small fee ( 500$ - 1000$ ) and mediocre time (time: 200 - 400)
   - sold for 30 000 - 50 000$

I don't see a reason for having a monetary production cost on something that can only be sold. The only thing the fee does is prevent you from making the stuff if you are already in debt and need money badly.
Otherwise, the effect would be same as if you subtracted the cost from the value.

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2024, 05:40:17 pm »
I don't see a reason for having a monetary production cost on something that can only be sold. The only thing the fee does is prevent you from making the stuff if you are already in debt and need money badly.
Otherwise, the effect would be same as if you subtracted the cost from the value.

The idea  of fee is  to be more realistic  (for studding you need something more than just a corpse)  however   pure math says, you can add/substract anything from both sides.

Offline Nonenone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2024, 08:47:32 pm »
Weird error. I cant end any battle due to error with something about spawning an unit after i kill the last enemy. The only thing i changed in save file is funding since i had problem with it