Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 720043 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [OXCE+] Meridian's resources and mods for (not only) X-PirateZ
« Reply #1020 on: December 28, 2016, 07:33:16 pm »
Yes, I also came here specifically to thank you for damage values. I haven't had this much fun since introduction of Ctrl+H ;)

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 28, 2016, 11:20:52 pm »
Is it possible to add hotkey to show Enemy vision range or mark our units that are in vision range of the enemy? For sake of Camo, raids durning nigth and smoke granades.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 28, 2016, 11:53:45 pm »
Is it possible to add hotkey to show Enemy vision range or mark our units that are in vision range of the enemy? For sake of Camo, raids durning nigth and smoke granades.

Without considering smoke and custom visibility scripts, maybe.

But it's definitely not something I would like to see in this game. I can recommend a game called Commandos, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Offline BTAxis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 29, 2016, 01:23:48 am »
Maybe some way to see if a unit is considered illuminated or in darkness, though? In Piratez this can be very hard to tell because there are some really weak light sources (looking at you, Boomfruit), yet for spotting purposes the engine only distinguishes between "fully illuminated" and "in complete darkness".

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 29, 2016, 02:35:23 am »
There is a simple indicator - did you get shot while standing there? ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1025 on: December 29, 2016, 05:12:13 am »
Yeah that'd be too much info as well. Need to play it carefully, don't take risks and get some experience. Build your skill up. I'm all for playing aides, but not to the point where the game tells you everything (like Meridian said, it's not the Commandoes).

Eg. I wouldn't mind an option to see enemy paperdoll and the weapons he's holding (but not his inventory) when selecting him (m-click?). I know the handobs by heart, but it could help many players in threat assesment (and add an opportunity to see them paperdolls outside of MC). The enemy could also have a bleeding icon on them if they're bleeding. I'm assuming just that your soldiers should be easily able to see all these things.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 29, 2016, 05:41:07 am »
Seeing enemy paperdoll would be interesting. Though i don't see much value in knowing if a standing foe is bleeding/wounded.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1027 on: December 29, 2016, 05:49:23 am »
Possibly there isn't much value to it, in most cases. However such damage effect should be logically visible.

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 29, 2016, 05:57:54 am »
More useful would be an indicator of whether a hit did any damage or not. But there's the advisor for that.

Offline Absalom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 29, 2016, 10:02:09 am »
Yeah that'd be too much info as well. Need to play it carefully, don't take risks and get some experience. Build your skill up. I'm all for playing aides, but not to the point where the game tells you everything (like Meridian said, it's not the Commandoes).

Eg. I wouldn't mind an option to see enemy paperdoll and the weapons he's holding (but not his inventory) when selecting him (m-click?). I know the handobs by heart, but it could help many players in threat assesment (and add an opportunity to see them paperdolls outside of MC). The enemy could also have a bleeding icon on them if they're bleeding. I'm assuming just that your soldiers should be easily able to see all these things.

Seeing enemy paperdoll would be interesting. Though i don't see much value in knowing if a standing foe is bleeding/wounded.

Usually you can make out whether an enemy is holding shotgun, pistol, big gun, w/e but occasionally it's block by terrain hiding the unit sprite.  In such cases, it would be extremely useful.

Offline CaptainCorkscrew

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play: XPiratez
« Reply #1030 on: December 29, 2016, 04:20:19 pm »
More useful would be an indicator of whether a hit did any damage or not. But there's the advisor for that.

The current hit indicator (CTRL+H) is useless half of the time, some improvement would indeed be good.
Main issue: reaction fire overwrites your fire.
I think there are some edge cases as well.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 29, 2016, 05:07:28 pm »
The current hit indicator (CTRL+H) is useless half of the time, some improvement would indeed be good.

The idea behind the hit log was:
1/ to find out if you hit or missed... in some cases it is hard to see visually (e.g. bows)
2/ to find out if a particular weapon is doing any damage at all to a particular enemy (mostly when you're seeing a new enemy and/or using a weapon for the first time)

I never meant hit log to be a way of counting how much damage has been done to the enemy already... that can be considered cheating and is discouraged.
Normal usage of hit log is maybe a few times per mission (or less)... definitely not after each shot.

Voila.

M-click to open.
Works only on visible units (i.e. no black clicking) or in debug mode.

L-click or R-click to close.
M-click on weapon to show Bootypedia.

Background is configurable, sprite name "AlienInventory".

EDIT: bleeding indicator is the same as for inventory big obs

EDIT2: after some discussion, added the name as well... it's spoiled on other places anyway, no big deal
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:10:20 pm by Meridian »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1032 on: December 29, 2016, 05:29:05 pm »
Voila.

M-click to open.
Works only on visible units (i.e. no black clicking) or in debug mode.

L-click or R-click to close.
M-click on weapon to show Bootypedia.

Background is configurable, sprite name "AlienInventory".

Amagerd!!  I want to have your Children!! <3 <3

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 29, 2016, 05:29:31 pm »

Yes, (CTRL+H) should omit enemy reaction fire.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 29, 2016, 05:41:23 pm »
Yes, (CTRL+H) should omit enemy reaction fire.

Anyone (besides me) who finds it useful to log reaction fire, speak now (24h from post timestamp)... otherwise I'll submit to group pressure.